• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 SHO o2 sensors

Started by MoneyNielsen, March 01, 2021, 12:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoneyNielsen

I have a 2013 SHO and the o2 sensors keep saying that they are not ready for emissions. They told me just to drive around on it and I have for about a month and still showing that they are not ready. I've done over 700 miles between tests and still nothing. Is there a certain driving style I need to do for the sensors can be ready? There is also no engine light is on or anything like that.

GotGrip?

I had the same scenario for me after replacing all 4, ended up getting another code (can't recall number) but it ended up being dirty injectors on bank 1. 2/3 of them were gummed up pretty good.
2016 SHO Non-PP, GH/AJP E30 Tune,3Bar MAP, K&N Typoon, EPP Noisemaker Delete, H&R Springs, ZEDD SL5 19x9.5, PS Drilled/Slotted rotors, TreadStone TR8C FMIC, SSM Trans Mounts, TCE Custom Catted DPs, FMIC Sprayer, XDI35

Current Dyno: 421/503 (pre-dp/XDI)

TopherSho

Quote from: MoneyNielsen on March 01, 2021, 12:13:30 PM
I have a 2013 SHO and the o2 sensors keep saying that they are not ready for emissions. They told me just to drive around on it and I have for about a month and still showing that they are not ready. I've done over 700 miles between tests and still nothing. Is there a certain driving style I need to do for the sensors can be ready? There is also no engine light is on or anything like that.

Avoid additives for the fuel.  **ESPECIALLY** octane boosters.  They coat the primary O2's and ruin them.   Is there a CEL Code being shown?

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Admin

Quote from: MoneyNielsen on March 01, 2021, 12:13:30 PM

Is it tuned?

bamsho

Sounds like the rear O2s are turned off.  You will get that readiness code.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

FiveLeeter918

Have you talked with your tuner regarding the readiness? If you don't have many modifications, it may be worth returning to stock for a week to pass emissions then go back on the tune if you can't get it resolved.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

avidmotion

Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.