• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Where are those STs at?

Started by FiveLeeter918, February 26, 2021, 11:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveLeeter918

Do we not have any Explorer STs on the forum yet? Where are you guys hiding? Let's see what you're working on and how you're planning to get competitive this track season.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

Macgyver

Blackhawk

They'll hit 10s before the 2010+ SHO :(

BOT_ROCKET

Quote from: Blackhawk on March 03, 2021, 05:33:38 PM

I wouldn't be surprised. The fastest Fusion Sports are hot on the heels of the fastest SHOs, but it seems to take a lot less power in the Sport. The fastest Sport just dynoed at a mere 531hp and 490ish ft/lbs.
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

Blackhawk

I wouldn't consider the fusion sport at a 11.7 hot on the heals of the SHO at 11.0 in my opinion.  I don't think Marcelino has any tricks up his sleeve to get that fast either.   

Quote from: BOT_ROCKET on March 03, 2021, 07:09:32 PM

I wouldn't be surprised. The fastest Fusion Sports are hot on the heels of the fastest SHOs, but it seems to take a lot less power in the Sport. The fastest Sport just dynoed at a mere 531hp and 490ish ft/lbs.

TopherSho

Stripping it B-spec style would drop 200+ pounds off it. 

Going with superlight 18/17 rims and straight up stickies would drop a ton of rotational mass,  if money is no a limit CBF rims can weigh in at 19 pounds for consumer level rims

lighter weight rotors would also help with the rotational mass

lighter weight shafts as well also help with the rotational mass

drop the battery and get a rapid discharge capacity bank to replace the 50 pound battery would drop a bunch off the nose.

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

BOT_ROCKET

Quote from: Blackhawk on March 04, 2021, 10:32:07 AM

I wouldn't consider the fusion sport at a 11.7 hot on the heals of the SHO at 11.0 in my opinion.  I don't think Marcelino has any tricks up his sleeve to get that fast either.   

Quote from: BOT_ROCKET on March 03, 2021, 07:09:32 PM

Marcelino isn't the only one with a fast Fusion. Marcelino isn't heavily modded like the SHOs running low 11s, and considering how long the Sport has been out, and how much less common it is, I think it's fair to say it's hot on the heels of the SHO. If one of these guys claiming to have a 3.0 swap in the works actually does it, it will be game over. A MKZ on a diet or 3.0 swapped Fusion with anywhere near the amount of work 802SHO has will be bonkers fast. I guess we wait and see.
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

Blackhawk

Marcelino has custom turbos, upgraded HPFP, upgraded convertor, FMIC, upgraded injectors, cat-less downpipes, cat back, light weight wheels/sticky tires and weight reduction so not sure what he is missing mod wise compared to 802.  He did just run a 11.5 which is promising but it did take 5 years for the SHO to go from 11.5s to 11.0

I had a MKZ and jumped from the platform because the 6f55s seem to be having a problem holding up to the nano ecoboosts for some reason.  Not sure there is something different with the transmission code or what.  I didn't make as much power with my SHO but the trans certainly held up much better. 

[/size]The guy with the 3.0 swap has a ton of extra weight in the car, he is certainly going full send on his build but not sure he will ever strip it down enough to set records.  Time will tell though.