• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hot Pipe group buy

Started by EcoPowerParts, September 11, 2013, 12:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Just
Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on September 12, 2013, 10:55:37 PM
Can one get these powder coated, or will ones with factory BOV be available only uncoated?
Sure $20.00 more for coating

As far as vacuum BoV, I have one on my car and it's working fantastic, I have the factory ones zip tied to the harness and if I had an engine cover you'd never see them, as it is I'd probably have to point them out to you.
:)
I'll play with the resistors this weekend, just got back from doing some WOT pulls and tuning fuel. :D
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on September 12, 2013, 10:35:53 PMOK got feedback on the factory BoV mount costs.

The price will be $580 for hot pipes with factory BoV mounts uncoated.

Much, MUCH better.....

At a minimum, I'd like to see 4 others commit so we can green light this.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

peachback50

You can add me to the list. Mind as well, my meth injection installed didn't turn out well and need a new inlet tube anyways.
Please send me an email to keep me informed of the status.
  Are you developing a matching intake as well?

EcoBrick Bob

How hard is it to remove the 2 factory BOV's and re-insert them in Hot Pipes?
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on September 19, 2013, 01:05:07 PM
How hard is it to remove the 2 factory BOV's and re-insert them in Hot Pipes?
Pretty hard, unless you machine a new mount for them in the hot pipes...
Bob, again, go take a look at your pipes and remove the factory BoV
Quote from: peachback50 on September 19, 2013, 12:45:28 PM
You can add me to the list. Mind as well, my meth injection installed didn't turn out well and need a new inlet tube anyways.
Please send me an email to keep me informed of the status.
  Are you developing a matching intake as well?
I need to check to make sure the factory intake box will fit with the new routing of the pipes. Just been swamped lately. As far as email updates, please subscribe to this thread and as new info comes I'll post it here. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoBrick Bob

Mine look like they are glued in.  That's why I asked.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on September 19, 2013, 03:47:27 PM
Mine look like they are glued in.  That's why I asked.
They valves unbolt, the mounts are plastic. I'm having to have those mounts replicated in aluminum to be welded to the new aluminum hot pipes :)
Once I have mounts made the factory plastic valve can bolt back in and viola you have factory e-bov again :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

Also, I am assuming one would need to drill a hole for Methanol spray nozzle if one is using a W/M system.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on September 19, 2013, 03:52:36 PM
Also, I am assuming one would need to drill a hole for Methanol spray nozzle if one is using a W/M system.
That's up to the user of course. I could put a nozzle mount like my nitrous mount on the pre-TB pipe if people wanted it.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

I am likely interested but not ready to purchase until I get to FL... just after 11/1. Prefer powder coating to match under-hood black plastic intake pipes.  I don't have time to install here in Ia, and need a late fall project!  How much more for the nozzle mount?  Could it be used for your nitrous setup or vice versa?  Others might want this, so might be easier to design that way and insert a plug for those that are on the fence.

DJE624

I wouldn't want a plug on mine unless it was on the bottom maybe.

EcoBrick Bob

That's where the W/M nozzle goes... slanted forward slightly.

DJE624

Cool.  I thought I had seen some on the side.

peachback50

Just checking in. How is the hot pipe manufacturing/designing going
? Any projected date for placing orders?

EcoPowerParts

Still working at it, soon though!
www.ecopowerparts.com -