• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hot Pipe group buy

Started by EcoPowerParts, September 11, 2013, 12:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

OK here's the pricing for the hot pipes which will include the following:
Silicone hump connectors and reducers
T clamps for all joints
Tial BoV
Powdercoated pipes

For stock BoV you'll either need to zip tie to the wiring or I'm working on a how-to replace with a resistor but I won't be including that with the kit due to liability.

For 1-9 Pipes the price will be $750 + shipping
for 10+ Price drops to $700 + shipping.
Take off $20.00 for uncoated.

This will be a plug and play setup, remember $260.00 of the price is the Tial BoV.

If you are interested I'll need a $100 deposit and we'll finish the group buy on 10/1 and have them produced at once.
I've had mine powdercoated crinkle black but gloss black and other colors are available, I'll get a list tomorrow and take some better pictures.

This is not a power increase, it merely replaces the factory plastic pipes that crimp down to very small cross section as well as stop any more blowing of the factory rubber hoses if you're upgrading turbos. I need to check fitment this week on a stock SHO to verify the pipes do not hit the factory air intake box.

Here's preliminary pictures:

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

I'm inclined to hold out until your fabricator can come up with mounting brackets for the factory BOV's as i've expressed before.....

Just very little, if any desire whatsoever, to go zip tying, or aimlessly hanging the factory BOV's somewhere within the engine bay.

Also, because i've already had a few things PC'd by a local vendor, I am inclined to have the pipes shipped bare, so I can assure color match on my end as it relates to the other items already PC'd.

For those of us interested in retaining the factory BOV's, please keep us updated. Thanks 4DR :ok:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

EcoPowerParts

I'll try and make that happen but it's looking like that option will cost another $150 or so more due to the small quantities of machining custom mounts for the factory BoV, I'll know more in a week or so.
Best option will be to remove the factory BoV and put in a resistor, I will have a how to pretty soon. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

bpd1151

1-9 pricing at $750
Delete $260 for the Tial BOV
Delete $20 for powder coating = $470

Add $150 for custom factory BOV mounts....

Equals a revised total of: $620

I'm still in like Flynn with that possible arrangement :smoke:

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 11, 2013, 01:21:53 AM
1-9 pricing at $750
Delete $260 for the Tial BOV
Delete $20 for powder coating = $470

Add $150 for custom factory BOV mounts....

Equals a revised total of: $620

I'm still in like Flynn with that possible arrangement :smoke:

No,  delete $260 for bov add $410 for bov mounts. Small runs of complicated machined parts is expensive...
I'm waiting for verification of pricing but that was the numbers I was told to expect.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4
www.ecopowerparts.com -

QwikSHO

So the BOV flange will only be for Tial BOV's?

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: QwikSHO on September 11, 2013, 10:05:51 AM
So the BOV flange will only be for Tial BOV's?
Yes, if you want a set of pipes without a BoV it will reduce the price $250 and you'll have to purchase uncoated as well so that you can have someone weld in a new BoV flange.
$480 for no BoV option 1-9 pipes
www.ecopowerparts.com -

jomc111

Man someone needs to buy my mazda. All these parts I want to buy. But promised wife wouldn't buy anything till its gone  >:( 
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

bpd1151

Geezuz Mike B.....

My heads dizzy with all of these damn numbers you've tossed out there.

Aye yai yai :doh:

Your own 1st post on pricing states the following:

1-9 Pipes WITH Tial BOV = $750
10+, same as above = $700

Then you go onto stipulate the Tial BOV is: $260
and the powder coat work is: $20

______________________________________________ Correct so far?

But then you say to ADD another $150 (or so) for possible factory BOV mounting points / flanges?

______________________________________________ Still correct so far, yes?

So what the hell are potential buyers adding another $410 for Factory BOV mounts?

And more importantly, what are we adding that $410 amount to? The proposed $750 for 1-9 pipes?

$750 + $410 = $1,160

_________________________________________ Assuming all of the above is correct so far:

$1,160 (above total)
- $250 (deletion of Tial BOV)
_______
$910 (revised total)

But now your saying that buyers can get the pipes altogether, w/o any flanges whatsoever for: $480?

So in essence, guys (like me) are looking at a $430 add on to have the factory BOV flanges installed?

Geezuz, more damn numbers than a used car salesman being tossed around.

EcoPowerParts

For 1-9 Pipes the price will be $750 + shipping with Tial BoV coated
for 10+ Price drops to $700 + shipping. with Tial BoV coated
Take off $20.00 for uncoated.
For 1-9 Pipes the price will be $480 + shipping without BoV uncoated - only option - this is a set of pipes to fit the vehicle without any provisions for a BoV
For 10+ Pipes the price will be $430 + shipping without BoV uncoated - only option - this is a set of pipes to fit the vehicle without any provisions for a BoV
For 1-9 Pipes the price will be $880 + shipping with factory BoV mounts uncoated - only option - this is only a guess at this time, worst case scenario according to what I know today. I can't sell these pipes but you wanted an approximately price.

It is VERY expensive to do cad drawings, and then machine one off parts in limited runs. If I were buying 1000 it would be around $50 per BoV mount, I'll only be buying 2 at a time so the prices goes up massively.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

How long is a short rope????

Ossifer... da lass speed sine I saw was 80 mph....(in Texas two days ago!!!)

What would one need to do to add a factory BOV?  Is it just a bung, like my wide-band, or is it much more extensive?  Or... would there be a way to section out the plastic section that has the factory BOV and join it with hot pipes via silicone hoses/clamps?
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on September 11, 2013, 02:49:48 PM
How long is a short rope????

Ossifer... da lass speed sine I saw was 80 mph....(in Texas two days ago!!!)

What would one need to do to add a factory BOV?  Is it just a bung, like my wide-band, or is it much more extensive?  Or... would there be a way to section out the plastic section that has the factory BOV and join it with hot pipes via silicone hoses/clamps?
Bob, walk to your car and look at your factory BoV, unplug it and look at the factory mount. No way to weld plastic to metal and I guess you could cut the factory BoV tube and then cut the unfinished pipe without a BoV provision ($480 option) and then mount some silicone tubes to connect it all. I won't offer that as an option, it's just too rigged IMHO.
Remember the pricing on the BoV is a guess right now and only that, I put in a worst case scenario, it could be $50 I don't know BUT I'm not offering that for sale right now and may never offer it depending on costs.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoPowerParts

OK got feedback on the factory BoV mount costs.
The price will be $580 for hot pipes with factory BoV mounts uncoated.
There you go Mike!
In order to do these however I will need 5 sets of hot pipes with stock BoV mounts.
Before that happens though I need to test fit the factory intake box to make sure it clears the new piping. I should be able to do that tomorrow afternoon.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

Can one get these powder coated, or will ones with factory BOV be available only uncoated?
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

QwikSHO

damn Ford and using electronic BOV's.

What the hell was so wrong with vacuum-operated ones that have been in cars for YEARS?