• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Blown turbos. MKS. Which to buy.

Started by 396375, February 06, 2021, 02:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi. I have a 2010 MKS Ecoboost AWD. It has 149,000 KLM and is stock original except  for a tune. The car is quick and has run well up till now. I was going through a drive through 2 weeks ago and I noticed an oil smell. I looked in the rear view mirror as I pulled away and the car was smoking bad. Took it to my mechanic and found out both turbos are blown. I haven't seen them yet so I don't know the actual damage. One of the young mechanics told me something went through the turbos. I'm surprised that both turbos went at the same time. I hope the motor is not the problem. I will find out for sure on Monday. New Ford turbos installed will be $3000 plus. I don't want to pay that much and wanted to know if anyone has bought any rebuilt turbos or new centre sections from Ebay. They are cheap enough but I am worried about the quality. I'm in Toronto Ontario Canada. Stock or an upgrade would be great if the price is right. Any ideas?

Thanks Ken   

avidmotion

Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

Macgyver

I find it hard to believe that both turbos went at the same time.

autobahn terror

Welcome to the club, good luck brother
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

Chris_Flex

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune