• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Carbon trunk

Started by GotGrip?, January 31, 2021, 05:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GotGrip?

Working on a 100% carbon trunk (not skin) and was able to get the upper portion roughed out and formed. Still a lot of work ahead and things will be slow until I have my garage isfinished but I'll get what I can done for upper until then!
2016 SHO Non-PP, GH/AJP E30 Tune,3Bar MAP, K&N Typoon, EPP Noisemaker Delete, H&R Springs, ZEDD SL5 19x9.5, PS Drilled/Slotted rotors, TreadStone TR8C FMIC, SSM Trans Mounts, TCE Custom Catted DPs, FMIC Sprayer, XDI35

Current Dyno: 421/503 (pre-dp/XDI)

Macgyver

Now that is a bold project !!!

TSS

Holy cow. That will be and unique. Looking forward to updates.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

GotGrip?

So, been awhile for an update on this, I had to start from scratch due to an unforeseen problem. I came home a couple weeks ago to the outer skin on the floor and crunched in the middle. I can only make a guess that my dogs or kid was playing downstairs and knocked it off the rack and someone decided to test its durability by either falling or stepping on it. I'm in the process of finishing the mold for this project and will be redoing the outer once it warms up a little bit more and get the garage situated for this. Should go pretty quick thought once I get everything moved.

2016 SHO Non-PP, GH/AJP E30 Tune,3Bar MAP, K&N Typoon, EPP Noisemaker Delete, H&R Springs, ZEDD SL5 19x9.5, PS Drilled/Slotted rotors, TreadStone TR8C FMIC, SSM Trans Mounts, TCE Custom Catted DPs, FMIC Sprayer, XDI35

Current Dyno: 421/503 (pre-dp/XDI)