• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 Ford Taurus Blower Motor Not Working

Started by Mike Kupinski, January 25, 2021, 09:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Kupinski

I have an odd issue with my 2010 Ford Taurus Limited.

The Blower Motor does not work during normal operation. It will work when I use the Remote Starter and will run with all the system features, e.g. variable fan speed control, temp control etc., until I turn the Ignition Key to the start position and then the Blower Motor will turn off.

If I skip the Remote Starter the Blower Motor never turns on.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Macgyver

Did you try and reset the system by disconnecting the battery negative. Press the brake pedal/turn on the head lights and then reconnect the battery ?

SHOdded

So the blower is not responding to manual input using the controls on the center console? You might need a replacement FCIM.  But check codes first to see what the computer thinks the problem might be.  Hopefully it will provide a clue.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

autobahn terror

For what its worth, i used to have weird issues with climate control with a low battery and or Cold weather, i mean really cold weather, like single digits cold, all the touch sensors stopped working, including the key less entry. If you are lucky its just temporary
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more