• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Need advise on rotors

Started by mike2225, January 17, 2021, 07:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike2225

Hey all, Im looking to replace all my rotors for my 2015 SHO with PP. I want to stick with the stock PP pads and an aftermarket oem style rotor, Ive had bad luck with drilled and slotted rotors warping or cracking with my previous cars ..After a little research it seems like most people are using Powerstop or EBC rotors.. Can anyone help me decide which rotor would be better for me
2015 SHO w/ PP  AJP Turbo 93 tune

ridered74

Nothing has been proven to outperform or outlast stocks. That's what I would go with. If you just want rotors that look pretty, but whichever looks best to your eye.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

bamsho

Just go with stock replacement rotors and good quality pads.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

PDSHO

I bought these off E-bay and expected to be disappointed by my thriftiness.
So far they have been great, no warping, pads seem to be wearing evenly, stops fine, not rusting yet.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-Brake-Rotors-And-Ceramic-Pads-For-Ford-Explorer-Flex-Taurus-MKS-MKT/291907580657?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Have been on for a year, and probably 15k miles.

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

FoMoCoSHO

My EBC slotted are beautiful and have been rock solid.

Admin

So historically if you want drilled/slotted for the eye candy AND performance you will need to go with a high quality setup like EBC or Brembo(who doesn't make anything for our cars that are D/S).

For best performance the OEM vented rotors will outlast and outperform most of the D/S setups.

The Powerstop D/S that were on my 2010 non-pp had pretty good surface cracking after a few back to back track days.

mike2225

Thanks for the replies, I had the same issues with my drilled and slotted rotors on my evo. I kept cracking the so called upgraded rotors.. I ended up replacing the pads and rotors with all oem parts for the SHO, its been about 2 weeks now and brakes have been perfect
2015 SHO w/ PP  AJP Turbo 93 tune

SHOdded

upgrading the pads will be most effective, as long as the rotors are high carbon steel, GD3000 or 3500.

Police pads from Raybestos or Bendix should be at least as good if not better than PP pads.  But yeah PP pads are rock solid.

I like the response from EBC Orangestuff on my Edge, these pads are rated higher than Yellowstuff.  It WILL stop your vehicle.

You can also contact Todd Cook at tceperformance.com or Brandon Dubose at BDR Racing

BDR Racing:  Brandon uses his personal profile for stuff on Facebook and bdr_racing_development on ig

Some results on an Edge attached
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!