• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New member from ct with surging issue

Started by Mat, January 11, 2021, 02:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat

Hey everyone. Thanks for having me. I have a 2016 Ford Taurus SHO with 37k miles and no mods (yet haha). I love the car but have been having some surging issues under hard acceleration especially between 20mph and 60 mph. It's just surges and sounds like the blow off valve is going off once or twice a second. I took a video and will try to upload it with this post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  https://youtu.be/-nrphF0OPWc

Admin

Quote from: Mat on January 11, 2021, 02:44:44 PM
Hey everyone. Thanks for having me. I have a 2016 Ford Taurus SHO with 37k miles and no mods (yet haha). I love the car but have been having some surging issues under hard acceleration especially between 20mph and 60 mph. It's just surges and sounds like the blow off valve is going off once or twice a second. I took a video and will try to upload it with this post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  https://youtu.be/-nrphF0OPWc

I would check all the vacuum lines that run to the boost controller solenoid on top of the intake manifold. That is usually the issue.

bamsho

Also check the BOV themselves too.  Might have a slight tear in one of the O rings. 
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

Mat

The vacuum lines all seem to be ok. I will check the o rings for the BOV on Wednesday when I have time. Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it.

TopherSho

Could be the boost solenoid valve itself is bad,  but another possibility is the wastegate is not fully actuating mechanically. But start with the wastegate units. 

A test i have run successfully is to unplug each one,  one at a time while leaving the other plugged in and retest .. don't go all ballz deep on boost .. but get enough boost to see if one or the other sounds *radically* different ... (one will be louder than the other by nature of placement.)

then replace the bad unit,  buy a spare and cram it in the glove box. 

Welcome to the forums!

Also buy a low pressure fuel reply and shove it in the glovebox.  you will need it someday .. there cheapish.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

PDSHO

Greetings from Nebraska.
I had a similar problem and it was a small vacuum line came off the pressure side. Fixed it with a zip tie.

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost