• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Pulsing noise when reving in the cabin

Started by Thenewguy, January 06, 2021, 08:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenewguy

So since yesterday, there's this weird pulsing noise coming in the cabin. I hear it when revving while parked or under load. Ill let you guys hear it and maybe see if anyone recognizes it is very faint but for sure it wasn't there yesterday....or the past 6 months I've owned it for. Its sorta sounds like how when pistons go up and down or maybe lifters but for some reason seems amplified than before. Seems to be coming from the passenger side. I went to looked outside in the engine bay on that side but saw nothing out of place. Does it happen for you guys as well or am i just being paranoid?
photos.app.goo.gl/cT4ixN1r8KaCQdcm9

TopherSho

Quote from: Thenewguy on January 06, 2021, 08:29:50 AM
So since yesterday, there's this weird pulsing noise coming in the cabin. I hear it when revving while parked or under load. Ill let you guys hear it and maybe see if anyone recognizes it is very faint but for sure it wasn't there yesterday....or the past 6 months I've owned it for. Its sorta sounds like how when pistons go up and down or maybe lifters but for some reason seems amplified than before. Seems to be coming from the passenger side. I went to looked outside in the engine bay on that side but saw nothing out of place. Does it happen for you guys as well or am i just being paranoid?

#1 cause of a cyclical ticking\rattle .. removing the foam cover on the Fuel pump on the front bank and removing the engine cover.
#2 thinner oil?

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Thenewguy

Quote from: TopherSho on January 06, 2021, 09:51:55 AM
Quote from: Thenewguy on January 06, 2021, 08:29:50 AM

#1 cause of a cyclical ticking\rattle .. removing the foam cover on the Fuel pump on the front bank and removing the engine cover.
#2 thinner oil?

I haven't removed anything from the engine bay. All the covers are there. Also do you hear that pulsing noise I'm talking about? I wouldn't exactly call it a rattle. As for oil, I'm gonna check it. Only been like 2k kms since I had my oil change done like 4 month ago. Was done at the dealership which I assume they use whatever OEM is? 5W-30?

TopherSho

no,  not really.  I hear that there is a large disparity in exhaust tones .. but that can be anything.. plant the phone in the engine bay and see if the sound comes through better.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction