• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

water pump replacement

Started by 92BlackGT, January 06, 2021, 10:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

92BlackGT

So, I got the dreaded water pump leak. Dealer quoted $2100 plus parts. I tried to look but i seem to remember someone had a parts list of everything needed to do the water pump and timing chain change. Would anyone have a list of that and also the step-by-step instructions? Might work with my buddy and do this ourselves

Any help is appreciated
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

Ta2dResqr

For step by step instructions, the best bet is to get a manual. It will have torque specifications and everything. It is a 13.4 hour job (book time) just for the Water Pump.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

SHOdded

You did not state the MY of your vehicle.  If you have a 10-11 (maybe some 2012), you can use a comprehensive parts list developed by a member of the flex forum to upgrade.  Should still work for later builds.

There is a 2014 manual over at the nicksmustangranch website.  Search the forum for the exact link.  Again, instructions may vary slightly from your MY.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Note that space is tight, but with a bit of moving of reservoirs and such out of the way, and engine mount IIRC, its not bad.  Torque bolts in correct order, note when specs are in inlbs vs ftlbs.  Yes you can crack the main/timing cover if you go gorilla.

Also have cam holders and a set of slim wrenches like E-ZReds handy.  You will need RTV sealant.  Do the solenoids, chains, guides, tensioners, water pump.  Change the crank pulley/harmonic balancer.  Oil pump usually not needed.

Cloyes and Melling may have timing kits but you will still need to source some parts from Ford.

Flush coolant and oil a couple of times before the final fill.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!