• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

13+ sho bov letting off durring light accel, heavy accel.

Started by SHO n GO, January 02, 2021, 10:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO n GO

Hey everyone, i have a 13 sho with a livernois tune, map sensor, and t stat that im hoping you can help me with. So ive noticed my bov letting off very frequently. So there are times under very had accel ill just hear it blowing past the bov like they are not holding. there are times where it doesn't and pulls fine. there are times ill be cruising down the highway and come to a slight incline and the bov will just keep going on off on off on off in like two second spurts and the car surges. Or when i want to go a few mph faster on flat road it will go on off on off under light accel. I was thinking they are just weak and could use replacement. Wanted to see what you all thought.
So far i have tried swapping between tunes ive tried 93 tune, 91 cold weather tune and putting it back to stock with stock map sensor and did a quick once over of vac lines. No changes in behavior between tunes. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

2013 non PP
Livernois 93 tune, 3bar, t-stat, K&n drop in filter, tsw nurburings
Best pass to date with sho- 12.54 @ 113

Admin

Quote from: SHO n GO on January 02, 2021, 10:57:16 PM
Hey everyone, i have a 13 sho with a livernois tune, map sensor, and t stat that im hoping you can help me with. So ive noticed my bov letting off very frequently. So there are times under very had accel ill just hear it blowing past the bov like they are not holding. there are times where it doesn't and pulls fine. there are times ill be cruising down the highway and come to a slight incline and the bov will just keep going on off on off on off in like two second spurts and the car surges. Or when i want to go a few mph faster on flat road it will go on off on off under light accel. I was thinking they are just weak and could use replacement. Wanted to see what you all thought.
So far i have tried swapping between tunes ive tried 93 tune, 91 cold weather tune and putting it back to stock with stock map sensor and did a quick once over of vac lines. No changes in behavior between tunes. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
I had the EXACT same problem. I replaced the Boost Control Solenoid and it was fixed.

The BCS sits on the top of the engine where the the vacuum lines connect too. Takes 2 minutes to swap out. I did it in the dealer parking lot with a pair of pliers.

Admin

SHO n GO

2013 non PP

SHO n GO

Tossed in that part and still doing it. Going to recheck the hoses going to it for cracks and try to reflash the tune.
2013 non PP

SHOdded

codes checked? hoses secured to the solenoid? check bovs for weak springs/torn diaphragms.  check turbos for weak c-clips.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHO n GO

Yes codes checked, only the pesky license plate one is there. Hoses were secured when installed. Going to follow them and check for any cracks and inspect bov's this weekend. Did not know about c clips on the turbos. Ill search the forum for info on those and inspect. Thank you!
2013 non PP