• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

About to give up on 1700cc DeatschWerks Injectors

Started by Gray Brick, December 30, 2020, 01:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray Brick

Unfortunately these injectors have been a PITA. No luck on tuning them.

Car bucks and jerks anywhere above medium load.

Who else has experienced this?
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

Admin

Quote from: Gray Brick on December 30, 2020, 01:09:52 PM

They require tuning. If you have not tuned them correctly, odds are you are dumping excess fuel into the cylinders.

I would get with a tuner and at a minimum change your oil to prevent any gasoline contamination.

Ecoboost_xsport

Quote from: Gray Brick on December 30, 2020, 01:09:52 PM

@bpd1151 had them I think. Im sure he can elaborate.

Most of us have gone to XDI injectors.

That being said, @Admin is right, your tuner will need to know the slope over pressure value and what factor to multiply by.

I'm sure they came with a calibration sheet? It should have all this information.

mattskousen

2015 Sho

I've tried with 2 different tuners, Ortiz & AJP. Ortiz thought it was something else with the car. AJP set me straight telling me he's never had luck with these injectors, so sent the injectors back to dw to have them flow tested. No success.

I wish there was another option besides dw and xdi. Dws don't work and xdi is way too overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gray Brick

I gave up... the stock injectors went back in today.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller

SHOdded

Has anyone checked in with Injector Dynamics?  Doing pretty well on The Blue Turd (non gdi).  Of course it could be entirely due to Jason's tuning lol.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoryde

I seem to be fighting something similar. Going back to stock as well this weekend. Mine were accounted for in the tune.

Flexasaurus

TopherSho

Quote from: shoryde on June 04, 2021, 02:52:53 PM
I seem to be fighting something similar. Going back to stock as well this weekend. Mine were accounted for in the tune.

Call me old and codgy and whatnot .. but what injectors are on the Ford-GT?
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Ecoboost_xsport

It runs the same setup as the DI and Port injectors that is found on the Gen2 Longitudinal V6 3.5L EcoBoost

Flexasaurus

Quote from: Ecoboost_xsport on June 29, 2021, 11:38:34 AM
It runs the same setup as the DI and Port injectors that is found on the Gen2 Longitudinal V6 3.5L EcoBoost

Even if they are bigger you need a proper tune to rescale them

Ecoboost_xsport

Quote from: Flexasaurus on June 29, 2021, 02:10:03 PM
Quote from: Ecoboost_xsport on June 29, 2021, 11:38:34 AM

Even if they are bigger you need a proper tune to rescale them
Huh? Yeah...I know this...I was answering TopherSHO's question. He was asking about the Ford GT injector setup.

Gray Brick

If anyone wants these injectors I will make a deal.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex