• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Car, New ClaimS

Started by Ta2dResqr, December 29, 2020, 06:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ta2dResqr

I bought my first Ford, first Turbo on 12/2/2020. Late Wednesday I drove it about 90 minutes home and love the car. 2015 SHO with the Driver's Assistance package. I searched and researched for about 2 months and finally settled on this one. I got it home and opened the hood for the first time (I have a habit of buying cars site unseen lol). I got a little excited when I realized it had an LMS intake. Drove it to work the next day and someone commented how low it looked. Roll under the car... LMS Springs. Start doing more research and figure out it has a 3-Bar MAP (most likely tuned). Every minute I am loving this car more and more. 12/4/2020 I am following my boss out of town as we both head home from work. How does my late Friday night go? A deer jumps out from the right ditch and I hit it with the passenger's front. Wipe out the bumper, grill, headlight, and fender. My gut drops. I take it home and clean it up best I can and file a claim. Drive it to work Saturday and Sunday. 12/6/2020 I plan to go to work and drop the car at the body shop and get a rental. 10 miles from work... I hit another deer. I haven't hit a deer in 10 years and now I have hit 2 in under 60 hrs. This one takes out the driver's front. (Hey at least it matches now... :sob:) I limp it to work as now the headlights are shot and it is hard to see. I make another claim and drop it at the Body Shop after work. Luckily the adjuster was already there and they start work on it right away. 12/28/2020 I get a phone call that I can pick my car up on 12/31/2020. It will be all fixed except the grill. Apparently, they cannot get one from Ford until February. They also tried LKQ junkyards but they didn't have any good ones. So after owning my car for a month and only seeing it for 5 days, I am excited to get it back and begin making her mine! BTW, if you ever get in an accident, and then a second accident before the first is repaired, you get to pay the deductible TWICE!
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

Ecoboost_xsport

Quote from: Ta2dResqr on December 29, 2020, 06:53:03 AM
I bought my first Ford, first Turbo on 12/2/2020. Late Wednesday I drove it about 90 minutes home and love the car. 2015 SHO with the Driver's Assistance package. I searched and researched for about 2 months and finally settled on this one. I got it home and opened the hood for the first time (I have a habit of buying cars site unseen lol). I got a little excited when I realized it had an LMS intake. Drove it to work the next day and someone commented how low it looked. Roll under the car... LMS Springs. Start doing more research and figure out it has a 3-Bar MAP (most likely tuned). Every minute I am loving this car more and more. 12/4/2020 I am following my boss out of town as we both head home from work. How does my late Friday night go? A deer jumps out from the right ditch and I hit it with the passenger's front. Wipe out the bumper, grill, headlight, and fender. My gut drops. I take it home and clean it up best I can and file a claim. Drive it to work Saturday and Sunday. 12/6/2020 I plan to go to work and drop the car at the body shop and get a rental. 10 miles from work... I hit another deer. I haven't hit a deer in 10 years and now I have hit 2 in under 60 hrs. This one takes out the driver's front. (Hey at least it matches now... :sob:) I limp it to work as now the headlights are shot and it is hard to see. I make another claim and drop it at the Body Shop after work. Luckily the adjuster was already there and they start work on it right away. 12/28/2020 I get a phone call that I can pick my car up on 12/31/2020. It will be all fixed except the grill. Apparently, they cannot get one from Ford until February. They also tried LKQ junkyards but they didn't have any good ones. So after owning my car for a month and only seeing it for 5 days, I am excited to get it back and begin making her mine! BTW, if you ever get in an accident, and then a second accident before the first is repaired, you get to pay the deductible TWICE!
That's one helluva an adventure right out the gate! It makes for some good story telling when your build starts taking shape.

But @Livernois Motorsports springs? I didn't know they made...oh wait, never mind, they don't actually make anything. Just slap their label on other companies products and claim them as their own...LOL.

Brucelinc

Did the car come with the tuner needed to return to stock if needed?    If not, you may have issues if the dealer ever needs to flash the PCM.   I do not like it when people sell or trade cars without returning them to stock first.   

Ecoboost_xsport

Quote from: Brucelinc on December 29, 2020, 10:08:12 AM
Did the car come with the tuner needed to return to stock if needed?    If not, you may have issues if the dealer ever needs to flash the PCM.   I do not like it when people sell or trade cars without returning them to stock first.
Good point...and considering @Livernois Motorsports uses that idiotic "proprietary" MyCalibrator device...it could become a pretty serious issue down the road. I think you'll still be able to reflash the car with another device's tune, but you'll likely never have the stock tune, which there are a number of reasons why you'd want to at least have it on file somewhere for the future...

Blackhawk

If it in fact does have the 3 bar on the top of the intake manifold it is definitely tuned.  If the dealer flashes a stock tune on it with the 3bar it's going to run like crap.

TopherSho

Running like Crap == throw codes; stumble and die.  If you floor it it can damage the connecting rods/rings
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Admin

Actually, if you want to, you can call Livernois and order their my calibrator device. They can send you a new "stock" file so you can recover the stock file. SCT can do similar but you will need the stock file recovery information, LMS doesn't need that.  I have done this in the past with their devices.

The CAI is a rebranded AIRAID intake and the springs are HR springs.

Ta2dResqr

Quote from: Brucelinc on December 29, 2020, 10:08:12 AM

I have tried to piece the car's history together. I found the previous owner (dealer did not reset the Nav system and I did some sleuthing online). He did not do anything to it but oil changes during the 50K he had it. He said the dealer put tires on it when he traded it in. He heard the previous owner lost the car under a repo. CarFax claimed it was a one owner car  :curse: . I assume the tuner was at the person's house when the car got repo'd. I don't know many that carry their tuner. I am completely guessing it has a LMS tune based on the sensors and the other LMS parts.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

Ta2dResqr

Quote from: Ecoboost_xsport on December 29, 2020, 10:14:35 AM
Good point...and considering @Livernois Motorsports uses that idiotic "proprietary" MyCalibrator device...it could become a pretty serious issue down the road. I think you'll still be able to reflash the car with another device's tune, but you'll likely never have the stock tune, which there are a number of reasons why you'd want to at least have it on file somewhere for the future...

I have spoke to a couple tuners and they say that it is not exactly a problem. I have lost my stock tune. Basically this tune would be my "stock" tune when I retune the car. Not ideal but, at least I can still get a good tune from a good tuner and have the tuner if I need to use it.

Ta2dResqr

Quote from: Admin on December 30, 2020, 09:30:40 AM
Actually, if you want to, you can call Livernois and order their my calibrator device. They can send you a new "stock" file so you can recover the stock file. SCT can do similar but you will need the stock file recovery information, LMS doesn't need that.  I have done this in the past with their devices.

What do you mean by the Stock file recovery information? I would love to be able to have the stock file. I am hoping to use GH with a LiveWire TS+ so if SCT can do this, I would like to get it done.

Admin

Quote from: Ta2dResqr on December 30, 2020, 11:03:39 AM

What do you mean by the Stock file recovery information? I would love to be able to have the stock file. I am hoping to use GH with a LiveWire TS+ so if SCT can do this, I would like to get it done.

I would ask @matt60 if that is something he can do. I know that SCT can generate a recovery file based on the stock data from a device. But not sure if they can generate a stock file without the base information.

TopherSho

Quote from: Admin on December 30, 2020, 11:19:31 AM

I would ask @matt60 if that is something he can do. I know that SCT can generate a recovery file based on the stock data from a device. But not sure if they can generate a stock file without the base information.

Ford with their IDS can do a full ecu reprogram and not just an update. Buuut $$ it costs money so check with Matt as suggested 1st ..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Admin

Quote from: TopherSho on December 30, 2020, 01:43:07 PM
Quote from: Admin on December 30, 2020, 11:19:31 AM

Ford with their IDS can do a full ecu reprogram and not just an update. Buuut $$ it costs money so check with Matt as suggested 1st ..
Out my way that IDS flash is one hour of labor. $100 - $150...

Honestly you will need a 2bar map as well to flash back to stock. I have two if you need one to be on the safe side.

Let me know. I'll send it for free :-)