• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HPTuners Updated Support for 2013-2018 Taurus SHOs

Started by FiveLeeter918, December 17, 2020, 12:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveLeeter918

For those of you that tune with HPTuners, we are excited to announce that we just completed a new firmware update with Eric at HPTuners to address many of the holes in the 2013-2017 SHO strategy files.

You can download the new BETA and re-scan your pcm to see the updates, including several transmission updates, fuel system updates including changes needed for HPFP upgrades, AWD control upgrades, and more.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

autobahn terror

Am i missing something? I went looking for a link to this FW update on both the HPtuners site and on Ortiz Performance, i didnt see it... with my SHO currently doing nothing but creating an oil stain, I am frantically buying parts to get it worthy of its name again... and this was on my list of things to do...
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: autobahn terror on February 04, 2021, 02:48:50 PM
Am i missing something? I went looking for a link to this FW update on both the HPtuners site and on Ortiz Performance, i didnt see it... with my SHO currently doing nothing but creating an oil stain, I am frantically buying parts to get it worthy of its name again... and this was on my list of things to do...

if you already have an MVPI2 for self-tuning, you would simply download the newest VCM Suite Beta from https://www.hptuners.com/downloads/

if you have an nGauge or RTD, simply get with your tuner on instructions for applying the update.
- Lee

BOT_ROCKET

Sweet. Now you just need to get your SCT tuning for the Fusion Sport sorted... lol.  :bangin: :wall: :sad1:

J/k. Sort of. Seriously though, I'd love to be able to line up at a stoplight with an Accord without the worry of getting locked out of boost from a fault code.
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: BOT_ROCKET on February 17, 2021, 09:20:09 PM
Sweet. Now you just need to get your SCT tuning for the Fusion Sport sorted... lol.  :bangin: :wall: :sad1:

J/k. Sort of. Seriously though, I'd love to be able to line up at a stoplight with an Accord without the worry of getting locked out of boost from a fault code.

Ouch lol. Luis sent a revision about 2 hours ago, dug into it a little deeper and found that you were still exceeding the limitations of the 2.5 bar map sensor on your boost spikes, so this revision has better spike control that should keep that from happening. We had hoped to have it to you a few days ago but the snow and ice had Luis and the shop out of power for 3 days, sorry about that.
- Lee

BOT_ROCKET

No worries on the delay. I totally understand. It got pretty chilly here (see datalog at -10 lol) but we're a little better equipped to handle it. Thanks for the update. I'll get it loaded and logged asap.
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH