• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New SHO Owner from the Dirty South

Started by 4eyedconekiller, December 15, 2020, 10:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4eyedconekiller

What's up folks???

Name's Michael, from way down in Mississippi.

I bought my first Taurus last week, and found this forum earlier today doing some google searching.

My Taurus: 2014 SHO, Tuxedo Black/Black Interior

Mods:
1. Airaid CAI
2. StailessWorks Downpipes (Catted)
3. StainlessWorks Catback
4. 170* Tstat
5. Tuned by Unleashed Tuning
6. H&R Springs
7. PowerStop z23 Kit with 352mm Rotors
8. Tintz
9. 20x9 Rohan's RFX10 wheels
Car is pretty stinking quick, and gets relatively decent fuel mileage... I've only driven it about 3-400 miles since I've gotten it, and really enjoyed it. There are a few things that I'm looking to change and upgrade along the way.

I bought the car to become my semi-daily instead of my '14 Ram EcoDiesel, which I'll be selling around the first of the year. I'm a travel nurse, so my time at home is limited (for now).

My namesake comes from my long term toy, my '86 Mustang GT that's been a cone killer for over 10 years, and is currently waiting on me to return to get her moving under her own power again...

Oh, and I like pictures. LOTS of pictures...

bpd1151

Welcome aboard! Another Michael to add to the group! Nice

So many mics, and not enough speakers. Lol.

Nice acquisition on the SHO, and rounding it out with 2 addt'l whips to boot.

Doubly nice!!

Decent mod list to start. Cool you found the site, as well as registering so quickly and making an intro thread.

Keep staying safe while working in that healthcare profession. Scarier than ever.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4eyedconekiller

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 15, 2020, 11:14:33 PM
Welcome aboard! Another Michael to add to the group! Nice

So many mics, and not enough speakers. Lol.

Nice acquisition on the SHO, and rounding it out with 2 addt'l whips to boot.

Doubly nice!!

Decent mod list to start. Cool you found the site, as well as registering so quickly and making an intro thread.

Keep staying safe while working in that healthcare profession. Scarier than ever.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks!! Yeah, we Michael's are a unique bunch. Thanks for the compliments! Plan is to sell the EcoD for a Cummins at som point in 2021.

Car has a couple issues that I've gotta sort out, but I'll post those in the proper place. Forums are my jam! I've learned a good chunk of what I know about cars in them!

Staying safe: absolutely! Not as scary as the media tells you, though. Don't lick the countertops, wash your hands, and give folks space. Same stuff we've been taught for years.

Thanks for the welcome!

Admin

Welcome to the community! Congrats on the new addition to an already great looking stable! And we can't get enough pictures so please post away! Especially of the 5.0 you are teasing...  You have any additional plans for the SHO?

Traveling and Nurse huh? Right now I am sure you are busy crazy!? Stay safe!

4eyedconekiller

Quote from: Admin on December 16, 2020, 08:48:57 AM
Welcome to the community! Congrats on the new addition to an already great looking stable! And we can't get enough pictures so please post away! Especially of the 5.0 you are teasing...  You have any additional plans for the SHO?

Thanks for the welcome! I'll get some pics up of the hoss soon. She's due a re-do, as she was all my firsts.

For the SHO? For now, the ultimate DD. Comfort, speed, and sexy looks.
-fix a part throttle stutter
-contemplating going catless
-sound system. The stock Sony setup leaves MUCH to be desired.
-gauges or monitor
-better lighting
-Detail and seal or ceracote
-full chrome delete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Admin

Quote from: 4eyedconekiller on December 16, 2020, 09:50:36 AM
Quote from: Admin on December 16, 2020, 08:48:57 AM

Thanks for the welcome! I'll get some pics up of the hoss soon. She's due a re-do, as she was all my firsts.

For the SHO? For now, the ultimate DD. Comfort, speed, and sexy looks.
-fix a part throttle stutter
-contemplating going catless
-sound system. The stock Sony setup leaves MUCH to be desired.
-gauges or monitor
-better lighting
-Detail and seal or ceracote
-full chrome delete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome! I agree with the sony sound system.. I get in my wife jeeps with the alpine system and I get jealous quick lol!  Hopefully you know who tuned the car? A lot of times the part throttle stutter is an adjustment that needs to be made in an aftermarket tune.

Also, I would ping one of our venders such as Unleashed, Ortiz, or Livernois for catless pipes. EPA is cracking down on them so they are going to be hard to find in the future.

4eyedconekiller

Quote from: Admin on December 16, 2020, 10:20:05 AM

Awesome! I agree with the sony sound system.. I get in my wife jeeps with the alpine system and I get jealous quick lol!  Hopefully you know who tuned the car? A lot of times the part throttle stutter is an adjustment that needs to be made in an aftermarket tune.

Also, I would ping one of our venders such as Unleashed, Ortiz, or Livernois for catless pipes. EPA is cracking down on them so they are going to be hard to find in the future.

Car is tuned by Unleashed. I will be reaching out to them today via PM and email. The car sat for two months without even being started, so I'm sure some might be just from it sitting.

I'm hoping it's a tune, and not clogged cats. These (and all the rest of the mods)only have about 40k miles on them.

The other thing is some kind of gauge pack/monitor. I have an Edge CTS2 in my ram, and LOVE it. I know my X4 can show gauges, but there's nothing pretty about setting it up on a mount, and I can only show a couple gauges at a time.

PDSHO

Welcome from Nebraska.
My Son and Daughter in Law are both RNs, Son is a house sup in a hospital, and DIL is a NurseP working in an emergi-care facility.
They are both getting stressed out with all the Covid stuff, hope we return to "normal" some day!
Thanks for what you do!

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost