• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

intermittent white/gray smoke

Started by keithohls@gmail.com, December 13, 2020, 03:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithohls@gmail.com

I have a 2010 sho 100k miles. About a year ago it started to smoke a white/gray smoke had an odd smell. it was a lot of smoke. It only did it the one time. Now a year later it started to do it. It started  still an intermittent issue but has developed into it happening after it will idle. took to dealer said bad turbos. they checked for a head gasket, cracked head said it passed two tests. It sat for a month waiting to get it looked at and it took a long time for it to start smoking when it did was just a small amount.
I was wondering about the PVC system causing the issue.
Any ideas of what to look for.
Thanks so much Keith   

ridered74

Probably pcv. Mine would do it after idling for about 10 minutes. There is an updated PCV (green in color) for that issue.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

keithohls@gmail.com

Thanks will give it a try
Keith

keithohls@gmail.com

Rider you talked of a green in color PVC. I asked about the green one and no one have heard of it. Where did you get yours. BTW the OEM from the dealer is backed ordered wont be in till Jan 6th. The one in my car was for sure bad. I cleaned it up with break cleaner it still seamed to smoke, But it is cold and is it smoke or just condensation from the cold?
Thanks Keith 

ridered74

Quote from: keithohls@gmail.com on December 15, 2020, 12:06:56 AM
Rider you talked of a green in color PVC. I asked about the green one and no one have heard of it. Where did you get yours. BTW the OEM from the dealer is backed ordered wont be in till Jan 6th. The one in my car was for sure bad. I cleaned it up with break cleaner it still seamed to smoke, But it is cold and is it smoke or just condensation from the cold?
Thanks Keith

Can't find the link that specifically addresses the upgraded one being green. They may have already permanently fixed the issue and whatever pcv you buy is now the upgraded one, not sure. Link below has more info, 2nd reply from original post has a link to the bulletin.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3836.msg62269.html#msg62269

Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET