• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

About to own a 2.3EB, or maybe two.

Started by damarble, December 10, 2020, 12:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

damarble

So I have an early reservation in for a 2.3 Bronco, so I'll own at least one ecoboost whenever they finally build them and deliver them. I'm very excited for that, but my main reason for joining is for swap information.

I've just bought a 1968 Datsun Fairlady Roadster, and would really like to shoehorn a 2.3 into it. The 2.3 is significantly larger than the stock 1.6, so there will be some challenges, and ultimately may not be feasible, so I'm doing my research now. I've found the NC Miata 6spd will bolt up which definitely saves some room in the tiny transmission tunnel.

BOT_ROCKET

Quote from: damarble on December 10, 2020, 12:15:33 PM
So I have an early reservation in for a 2.3 Bronco, so I'll own at least one ecoboost whenever they finally build them and deliver them. I'm very excited for that, but my main reason for joining is for swap information.

I've just bought a 1968 Datsun Fairlady Roadster, and would really like to shoehorn a 2.3 into it. The 2.3 is significantly larger than the stock 1.6, so there will be some challenges, and ultimately may not be feasible, so I'm doing my research now. I've found the NC Miata 6spd will bolt up which definitely saves some room in the tiny transmission tunnel.

I'm Jealous! I'd love me some of that sweet sweet BadSquatch action. I think I'm gonna be stuck with my Fusion Sport for quite a while though because I love the sleeper (oh woe is me, right). Maybe in a few years I'll hit it rich and I can have both.

As for the swap, anything is feasible. If someone can do a rwd LS or Coyote swapped Fusion, I'm sure you can manage a 2.3L ecoboost Japanese go-kart.
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

Macgyver

damarble

Macgyver

damarble

I'm all in on ecoboost now. I ordered the turnkey package from Mars. A little pricey but they take all the thinking out of it.