• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ecoboost questions from a 2019 Ford Flex Limited owner...

Started by Wonkaburgh, December 09, 2020, 10:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonkaburgh

Hey guys,

So being a huge fan of ford and well..the Flex, I finally landed myself a nice (very low mileage) Ford Flex Limited 2019, I mean the Ecoboost engine was the one I wanted from the test drive going forward, but having this thing since August, I was wondering what things I can start on that would help me get more out of my engine without screwing things up.

I am trying to fully immerse myself into the Ford world and this is my entrance into it with my Flex.

Mostly, I want to get closer to 400hp from the 365hp this currently puts out. I am in Canada, more specifically, Vancouver, BC. So its weird to see how hard it is to get stuff for this here thinking the F150 has an Ecoboost that there should be some interchangeable parts or even from the Explorer, but apparently I am wrong, but also not completely wrong?

Sorry, I know first post is a thread, not sure if that's not the right way to go about this, I apologize if it isn't. I was pointed to this place from the Ford Flex Forum as there are a lot of knowledgeable people here about the Ecoboost engine and what I can do with my Flex with that and the parts that are out there.
2019 Ford Flex Limited Ecoboost
Looking to see just how much boost I can get out of this...

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Wonkaburgh on December 09, 2020, 10:41:01 PM
Hey guys,

So being a huge fan of ford and well..the Flex, I finally landed myself a nice (very low mileage) Ford Flex Limited 2019, I mean the Ecoboost engine was the one I wanted from the test drive going forward, but having this thing since August, I was wondering what things I can start on that would help me get more out of my engine without screwing things up.

I am trying to fully immerse myself into the Ford world and this is my entrance into it with my Flex.

Mostly, I want to get closer to 400hp from the 365hp this currently puts out. I am in Canada, more specifically, Vancouver, BC. So its weird to see how hard it is to get stuff for this here thinking the F150 has an Ecoboost that there should be some interchangeable parts or even from the Explorer, but apparently I am wrong, but also not completely wrong?

Sorry, I know first post is a thread, not sure if that's not the right way to go about this, I apologize if it isn't. I was pointed to this place from the Ford Flex Forum as there are a lot of knowledgeable people here about the Ecoboost engine and what I can do with my Flex with that and the parts that are out there.

Parts between the transverse(FWD bias) vs longitudinal (RWD bias) don't interchange very well if at all.  The best bet to pump the crank HP from 365 to 400+ would be a tune utilizing an upgraded 3BAR MAP sensor that takes 2 minutes to swap out.

There are several tuners in the vendor section that can tune your vehicle and as well as offer the parts to do so.

But as important, lets see some pictures of your Ecoboost!

Wonkaburgh

Would the tune like that damage my engine or anything? I know warranty wise, it's not so much the mods that they care about, it's what the mods can do to your ride that they will ding you on.

And yeah, for sure, here's my Flex.

You'll see different rims on these, there's the OEM black rims that came with it with the Hankook low profile tires, then there's my slightly smaller 18" (from the original 20") that have my winter rims and tires.

StealBlueSho

Nice!!!

Yea, a tune will void your warranty if the dealership really wants to void it.

A well done tune from a known company should be safe assuming your Flex is in good mechanical order.

Fresh fluids, fresh plugs, make sure any existing issues are resolved first.

How many miles on it?

Wonkaburgh

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on December 10, 2020, 06:41:19 PM
Nice!!!

Yea, a tune will void your warranty if the dealership really wants to void it.

A well done tune from a known company should be safe assuming your Flex is in good mechanical order.

Fresh fluids, fresh plugs, make sure any existing issues are resolved first.

How many miles on it?

I mean what part voids the warranty? I think making mods to an engine is like pretty common practice right? It'd have to be something severe for them to void it, but I guess a tune would be one if it wasn't something they stood behind as being ok, I should talk to the dealership and see if there's anything I can do to make it so it doesn't void my warranty, like upgrading the parts it would directly affect and make sure it's able to handle it perhaps?

I got it at 28,000kms on it, it's at around 31,700 right now.