• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2015 Pearl White SHO - Central Ohio

Started by Ta2dResqr, December 03, 2020, 11:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ta2dResqr

I just picked up my first Ford. 2015 Taurus SHO with every option except the Performance Package. It was definitely owned by an enthusiast. I got it home and found out it has a Livernois Cold Air Intake and Livernois Performance Springs. Still learning as I go. I have done a lot of research in the past couple weeks but, have a lot more to go. Really trying to find A)the previous owner or B)a way to figure out what all has been done to it. I have never driven an EcoBoost so I do not know how much stronger it feels.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

TopherSho

Check the MAP sensor on top of the intake manifold.. if it is a 3-bar,  your in a modded state.  if it is not a 3-bar it is likely stock... BUT i would be surprised by that since the cats would trigger codes.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Ta2dResqr

The MAP sensor on the passenger side in front of the throttle body says AA5A-9F479-AB. Is that 3 bar? I seem to see forums saying it is 2, 3, or 4 bar.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer

Ta2dResqr

Just confirmed the manifold sensor is the same part number. Doesn't look stock because it has 2 bolt holes but the manifold has one. Also, the front primary O2 sensor has a blue rubber heat shielding on the wire.

ridered74

I forget what year it was, but they switched to only one bolt on the manifold sensor at some point, so that is normal.

I'm southeast corner of columbus if you need a second set of eyes to figure out if it's tuned or not.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

bamsho

More than likely it's stock, the previous owners just didn't want to remove the CAI kit.  If you didn't find a handheld tuning device in the car, pretty good guess too it's on the stock tune.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bamsho on December 04, 2020, 08:29:45 AM
More than likely it's stock, the previous owners just didn't want to remove the CAI kit.  If you didn't find a handheld tuning device in the car, pretty good guess too it's on the stock tune.

Maybe not? IF the TIP sensor and the MAP are the same part number, it should be a 3BAR in the manifold too...

bamsho

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on December 04, 2020, 09:32:45 AM
Quote from: bamsho on December 04, 2020, 08:29:45 AM

Maybe not? IF the TIP sensor and the MAP are the same part number, it should be a 3BAR in the manifold too...

Thought you need a tune to use the 3bar on the manifold. 
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

Ta2dResqr

Got a hold of the previous owner. He bought it at 26k as is. He was told it was a repo. Unfortunately, I hit a deer 36 hours after I got it. All cosmetic. Heads in to the shop on Monday.

PDSHO

Greetings from Nebraska.
Hope you got your ride back by now.

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

irondoor19

Greetings from Central Ohio,any questions Please do not hesistate
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,