• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New 25% upgrade oil pump Melling

Started by avidmotion, December 01, 2020, 09:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

I saw on YouTube a "must have" for olderveccoboost motors. A Melling direct fit replacement oil pump with 25% more goodness. Comes with 2 springs pre-installed is the 100, YouTuber recommended the 85
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

402Sho

I saw this too I'm wondering if it would also be good for a new engine build that will be pushing higher hp's, let's hope someone knows
2010 Sho non-pp, 93 and e30 tuned by AJP Turbo & Ortiz tuned, EPP Noisemaker Delete Pipe, K&N Drop in filter, 3 inch custom exhaust, livernois catless downpipes, Anthony's Gen 2 Torque mounts, NGK ruthenium spark plugs gapped .026

bpd1151

From what I was told, "NO".

Additionally, there's a risk of cavitation and running the pan dry as more volume is being pushed throughout.

No plans to include this in/on my build.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

402Sho

Thanks for answering this, I just ordered a new oem pump to be safe.
2010 Sho non-pp, 93 and e30 tuned by AJP Turbo & Ortiz tuned, EPP Noisemaker Delete Pipe, K&N Drop in filter, 3 inch custom exhaust, livernois catless downpipes, Anthony's Gen 2 Torque mounts, NGK ruthenium spark plugs gapped .026

BOT_ROCKET

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 01, 2020, 10:33:49 PM
From what I was told, "NO".

Additionally, there's a risk of cavitation and running the pan dry as more volume is being pushed throughout.

No plans to include this in/on my build.

I just watched the video from Fordtechmakuloco as well. I don't have a 3.5 so this doesn't really apply to me, but I'm curious; Where did you hear that? I'm not an oil pump expert, so correct me if I'm wrong here. You're engine shouldn't be getting so much additional oil that it runs the pan dry as long as the engine isn't too worn out, correct? This pump would simply ensure proper oil pressure if your engine is worn to the point that the stock pump can't keep up with additional flow rate needed due to worn clearances. This assumes the same spring rate, which I don't know what the stock spring is rated at.
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

bpd1151

I immediately passed the advertisement along to my (current) engine builder when it was shared with me by a fellow SHO owner.

We discussed whether to incorporate it, and among other reasons not to, those were the two highlights I recall from the convo.

He had had the technical reasons against its implementation, and it was beyond my knowledge/understanding.

Thus why I kept my original reply generic in nature.

avidmotion

I just fyi the info since I see everyone rebuilding, and he mentioned older higher mileage SHOs 3.5 l eccoboost, f150 etc.
I respect Fordtechmakuloco .
[/size]However I respect this forum more.
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.