• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Best way to tap rear door speakers?

Started by boosted86gt, November 21, 2020, 08:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boosted86gt

I have a sho with the standard 7 speaker system. After upgrading all my door speakers I want to add a self powered sub.

The one I'm looking at can use the speaker wires for the on/off rather than a remote wire.

What's the best way to tap into the rear door speakers to achieve this and the best way to route it?

I read its a pain to go through the harness/rubber that runs to the door.

Just looking for ideas or options on how I can get the rear speaker wires run to either the trunk or even to the back floor board.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Hopefully someone will be able to pipe in soon..

I think most people tap into the rear deck speakers iirc?

boosted86gt

Unfortunately the non sony system doesn't have the rear deck speakers to tap in to.

If it did that would make it much easier lol

StealBlueSho

Quote from: boosted86gt on November 21, 2020, 11:34:01 PM
Unfortunately the non sony system doesn't have the rear deck speakers to tap in to.

If it did that would make it much easier lol

Wow, I didn't realize that. Hmmm...

There really isn't away to go from the door speakers into the car without going through the rubber insulator...

If there are tweeters in the front then maybe those will work for the on off... but the won't pass the low frequencies.

boosted86gt

If I can figure out how to remove the B-pillar trim I might give that a go. Haven't really looked at how to remove it yet though.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: boosted86gt on November 22, 2020, 08:13:46 PM
If I can figure out how to remove the B-pillar trim I might give that a go. Haven't really looked at how to remove it yet though.

It's just interior clips that to pry off I believe. I would highly recommend getting a set of plastic interior pry bars.

boosted86gt

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on November 22, 2020, 08:15:22 PM
Quote from: boosted86gt on November 22, 2020, 08:13:46 PM

It's just interior clips that to pry off I believe. I would highly recommend getting a set of plastic interior pry bars.

Thanks! 

I already have the plastic pry tools from when I did the door speakers.

I will look at it tomorrow.  I'll check it out tomorrow.  I will also look for the wiring diagram so I know what wire colors to tap.