• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Brake pads with PP

Started by avidmotion, November 21, 2020, 12:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

I have used yellowstuff(11,000 miles) redstuff 8000 miles, hawk 18,000 miles. I have EBC front rotors, stock PP rear rotors. I have had the best luck with the stock PP pads for my 2013 Taurus SHO with PP.
The old numbers were:

Front Motorcraft # BRF 1475
motorcraft rear BRF 1383 pads
And were between 39.99 and 54.00 bucks. I can't seem to find them anymore. I am stuck on a crappy mini android device so searching has sucked. It was not difficult before they were readily available. Is the exact pad under yet a new number? Anyone with a suggestion for these pads?
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

Sbouvia

I still see them on rock auto.
Fronts: $59.79
Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): BRF1435, DG1Z2001E, DG1Z2001F

Rear: $53.79
[size=0px]
Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): DG1Z2200B
[/size]
I like the akebono I put on mine, however I have a 2013 non-pp. I think akebono has some PP pads as well, ACT1612 (rear), $41.79 and ASP1611A (fronts), $51.79.

[/font][/color]
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

avidmotion

How do you like the top cops? [size=78%]are they ceramic?[/size]
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

Sbouvia

I liked them pretty good paired with the power stop drilled and slotted rotors. Definitely more noise because of the holes and slots. They are ceramic. I actually just went back to stock pads on the same rotors. The stock pads are ceramic akebono and I liked the, pretty good and got quite a bit of mileage out of them. I suppose I need to update my signature. I am no where near as hard on the brakes as others, however the car is driven almost daily around DC area so in stop and go a lot. Unless your planning on going to the track, I don't really see any reason to go non stock especially seeing as you have the upgraded brakes already, mine is a non-pp.
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.

avidmotion

Thanks for the replies. Sime reason I don't like ceramic pads. I really liked the stock PP pad formulation of the rear  brf1383 and fronts brf 1475. They changed the number so many times, I wanted to make sure the new totally different part numbers would still be the original pad formula.(it was based on mild racing formula I think from Performance Friction and were semi metallic carbon fiber etc etc).
I will try the new numbers.

Sbouvia

Any luck getting the new pads?
~Scott

avidmotion

Yes, was able to source exact pad numbers several places. When I checked my pads, fronts were 75% and 80%! So I am way over my usual milage. Can't believe I have 34,000+ hard stop ngo, go n race, dd, and overall terrible driving...

avidmotion

I found my old pics of the pads.
The Motorcraft BRF 1475 FTONT
BRF 1383 REAR are PFC Pad PFC 42EF
Which is PFC(Performance Friction Carbon) parts number
PFC  [size=78%]1611.20 FRONT PAD[/size]
[/size][size=78%]PFC.     1612.20 REAR PAD[/size]
These pads are dynamite ! They work GREAT and last forever and gentle on rotors. They do dust but not real bad. These are the best bang for the buck. Bought under the PFC label they are 20 to 30 cheaper then FORD MC......JUST A FYI