• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Using my sct tuner after dealer reflashed ecu

Started by TBEcoSho, November 18, 2020, 05:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBEcoSho

So long story short I hit a deer about a month ago, and the body shop had to send the car to Ford for the front adaptive cruise sensor recalibration. I didn't think to take the tune off the car (Ortiz stage 1, 2.5 bar map sensor sct tuner) but both the body shop and Ford had issues accessing the modules on the car. I told the body shop that it has a tune and that I could come up there and put it back to stock in 15 minutes, each time they said they would let me know.

So Ford goes and puts a factory map sensor in (the stock one was in the trunk as I had stated) and reflashed the ecu back to stock while my Ortiz tune was loaded. My question is can instill use my tuner to flash my Ortiz tune back on or am I screwed and have to get a new tuner? I get the car back tomorrow so I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to have to do.

Thanks everyone!

Blackhawk

If you are prevented from reflashing you will need to work with SCT, they will a require an invoice of the dealer flashing over the tune.

https://derivesystems.helpjuice.com/49440-general-questions/343931-how-much-does-it-cost-to-reset-a-locked-sct-tuner

TopherSho

Quote from: TBEcoSho on November 18, 2020, 05:20:43 PM
So long story short I hit a deer about a month ago, and the body shop had to send the car to Ford for the front adaptive cruise sensor recalibration. I didn't think to take the tune off the car (Ortiz stage 1, 2.5 bar map sensor sct tuner) but both the body shop and Ford had issues accessing the modules on the car. I told the body shop that it has a tune and that I could come up there and put it back to stock in 15 minutes, each time they said they would let me know.

So Ford goes and puts a factory map sensor in (the stock one was in the trunk as I had stated) and reflashed the ecu back to stock while my Ortiz tune was loaded. My question is can instill use my tuner to flash my Ortiz tune back on or am I screwed and have to get a new tuner? I get the car back tomorrow so I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to have to do.

Thanks everyone!

It will depend, if the new ECU stock tune is a different revision, you will need to have the car fully retuned again.  DO NOT APPLY and old tune if the car has a new revision.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StealBlueSho