• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

UPR Dual Valve CC with CSS Issue

Started by StealBlueSho, November 17, 2020, 11:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Ok... I installed this awhile ago and I don't get much crud.. maybe a table spoon or so every 3K miles when I change out the oil....

Now, I have noticed I am getting more oil in the intake track than I like.. I originally noticed the oil build up when swapping the hot pipes.. and really noticed it after the EPP dual feed..

Prior the UPR CC it was dry...

Thinking about pulling it and throwing the stock stuff back on to see what happens..

SM105K

Just for reference, mine pulls about an 1 ounce of oil per 1000 miles. Since my ownership starting at 50k miles my hot side had oil in it prior to installing my UPR DV CC with CSS.  Removed some oil when in the hot side tract when I installed the noise maker eliminator, and pulled about 2 oz out of my stock IC as well.  It has been significantly less with the CC on for the past 25k miles.   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Update...

After this post, I found that the check valves were not tight and leaking oil.. which also means the vacuum and pressure would be off... so I cleaned everything, tightened it back down, and reinstalled.

Fast forward to Friday the 4th of December...

Leaking oil at the bung on the dual feed and oil is coming out the oil fill tube caking the underside of the CSS...

I pull the tubing and oil is pooled in the tubing, it's pooled in the intake track, etc etc...

So from what Matt was telling me the dual feed pcv doesn't have the correct vacuum setup which is why Mike Bambic released a fix. However the fix which is a metal tub with a diagonal cut needs to be welded in to prevent it from turning in the tube and creating additional pressure...

So my options are to keep the dual feed and ditch the UPR setup... or keep the UPR setup and go back the AIRAID setup...

For the moment I have pulled the UPR setup and threw the stock tubes back on.

402Sho

I had problems with the new oil cap breather blowing off I got hit in the face once with it lol 😅, and the next time it blew off near my house and put a hole thru my hood lining I contacted them for a cap and Insert that screws in instead of the new push in style if that's where it's leaking for you. They where very helpful, they told me it was due to excessive blow by. That will be fixed soon tho.
2010 Sho non-pp, 93 and e30 tuned by AJP Turbo & Ortiz tuned, EPP Noisemaker Delete Pipe, K&N Drop in filter, 3 inch custom exhaust, livernois catless downpipes, Anthony's Gen 2 Torque mounts, NGK ruthenium spark plugs gapped .026

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 402Sho on December 08, 2020, 09:58:23 PM
I had problems with the new oil cap breather blowing off I got hit in the face once with it lol 😅, and the next time it blew off near my house and put a hole thru my hood lining I contacted them for a cap and Insert that screws in instead of the new push in style if that's where it's leaking for you. They where very helpful, they told me it was due to excessive blow by. That will be fixed soon tho.

Interesting.. I question their response on the excessive blow by.. I suspect there is a imbalance on the setup creating too much pressure.

avidmotion

I agree on the pressure. I have the original Tracy Lewes set up, not upr. I have zero problems. It is giant and in drivers side wheel well. I get maybe 2 tablespoons oil and half a cup gas water mixture per oil change,  slightly more in winter...
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

DaveBey

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on December 06, 2020, 07:55:41 PM
So from what Matt was telling me the dual feed pcv doesn't have the correct vacuum setup which is why Mike Bambic released a fix. However the fix which is a metal tub with a diagonal cut needs to be welded in to prevent it from turning in the tube and creating additional pressure...

I may need to check if oil is pooling in my lines. I noticed a film of oil under the clean side separator. Where does this tube with the diagonal cut need to be installed? Do I need to contact Eco Power Parts?
2010 Lincoln MKT AWD | Gearhead intercooler | Gearhead tuning | PPE Engineering downpipes | Eco Power Parts hot pipes | Eco Power Parts intake | Motorcraft SP542 spark plugs at .026 | Motorcraft CX2594 MAP sensor | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can with Clean Side Separator | 2013+ Motorcraft heavy-duty brakes | Goodridge G-Stop Brakeline Kit | 2013+ Ford auxiliary transmission cooler

StealBlueSho

Quote from: DaveBey on December 11, 2020, 10:15:19 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on December 06, 2020, 07:55:41 PM

I may need to check if oil is pooling in my lines. I noticed a film of oil under the clean side separator. Where does this tube with the diagonal cut need to be installed? Do I need to contact Eco Power Parts?
Yes contact @ecopowerparts.

The tube will need to be welded in place.. if it spins around it will cause additional pressure which is a
Big no no...

It drops down into the pcv bung on the dual feed.