• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Whiteline 2010-2019 SHO 24mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar Review

Started by StealBlueSho, November 15, 2020, 02:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

So awhile ago I hopped on the pre-order presented by Lee at Ortiz for the Whiteline 24mm adjustable rear sway bar upgrade for my 2016 SHO.

It showed up this week and I took the time to throw it on over the weekend and then put the car through some mountain roads in Virgina..

First off the install is really easy as you would expect, the endlinks require a 15mm and 7mm wrench to unscrew the swaybar. Then the mount points to the chassis require a 13mm socket. The kit comes with everything you will need including new bushings, new brackets, grease, and fasteners to keep the bar in place.

I am currently running the setup on the first hole on the sway bar which is the least stiffest setting vs the second hole which is the stiffest, I am unsure as what the percentage of difference is, maybe Lee or someone from white line can help with that?

Now onto the actual driving experience.. WOW!! One of the biggest complaints I have had with the handling of this car is how loose the rear is with how much body roll the car has. This really helps keep the car planted through the turns. The SHO just feels much more eager to get into the turns and hold its place. I have found I compensate for the body roll and this took me a few minutes to change how hard I cut the wheel to keep things happy. Overall the car feels MUCH more flat and planted. If there was away to get the Advancetrac 100% off then this would put this car into a whole new level of fun with the ease of throwing the rear end around.

In full disclosure I am currently running stock flowers with 255/45/20 Continentals Extreme Contact DSW's and HR Lowersprings so YMMV based on the wheel, tire, and suspension setup. But personally this is how the SHO should have come from the factory. I will say I am not liking the DSW's as the traction is suspect.. but that is a different thread.

100% worth money for this upgrade and I highly recommend it as it will make the car feel a little smaller and much more capable.

Thank you to @FiveLeeter918 (Lee) at Ortiz for getting me on the list to get the first run of these RSB's!

bpd1151

Impressive review.

Second, for those that may not know, when you say the "first hole", which of the two holes are you referring to?

One's closest to either end of the bar? Or the one's further inside on either end?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 16, 2020, 12:32:06 PM
Impressive review.

Second, for those that may not know, when you say the "first hole", which of the two holes are you referring to?

One's closest to either end of the bar? Or the one's further inside on either end?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well I suppose that really depends on the direction you are coming in on...

The least stiff hole is the one closest to the end.. which I am calling hole one..
The most stiff hole is the second one from the end.. which I am calling hole two..

clear as mud?

bpd1151