• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Advice Request: water pump weep at 40K miles

Started by HD-Rugby, November 10, 2020, 08:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HD-Rugby

Any suggestions on whom to call at Ford. I purchased it used in July 2019 with 15K miles o[/color]n it. I had the radiator fluid changed at 40,000 miles in the beginning of October. I may have put 400 miles on it. She's a 2019 SHO, I have had everything changed early. Oil at 5k, PTU at 10k and the diff at 20 and 40k. This all started a week or two ago and I had the radiator fluid changed a month ago. Any advice would be welcome. The SHO has done mainly highway miles till COVID.... Help

SM105K

Does your SHO have a warranty still?  Being a newer one I would assume.  If it does, take to Ford or Lincoln. 40K is really early for water pump weep.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

HD-Rugby

I certainly would agree with 40,000 miles being too early for a water pump leak. But I just had the fluid changed and it went from the orange to the gold. I Purchased it from a Ford dealership, The fluid that is. I don't know what dealership to take it to in the West Chester or the Chester County area in Southeastern Pennsylvania. I did not get an extended warranty on it and wish I did.

This is about 500 miles after I changed it and the reservoir goes low and it looks like it's got too much oil in it now. Not to mention a big puddle in my driveway. 🙈🤬☠️🏴‍☠️😭

I just found on the Ford app that I have a 5 year power train warranty

JMR76

Just throwing this out there.  One of my other Fords (explorer) had a water pump leak around 50k miles.  No warranty coverage.  My Ford garage recommended me call Ford Service complaint center(the main one) and make a complaint about it.  I can't remember the exact department or phone number but maybe someone knows.  They eventually agreed to pay $1,000 towards the repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2013 SHO - PP/ GH Intercooler / 170*TS / Cold .026 plugs / MSD Coils / Corsa cat-back / PPE Catted Downpipes / Xtreme-DI XDI-EO HPFP / E 30+ / Gear Head Tuned.

HD-Rugby

I know the full bumper to bumper is 3/36k Not sure if the powertrain continues on after that or not. I think you can VIN check your warranty status herehttps://help.ford.com/warranty/If powertrain is still good the waterpump should be covered.

It says I'm covered but I'll wait to see what the dealership says since I've got 40k miles.

Just waiting to hear from Brian Hoskins Ford, I probably won't hear anything till Tuesday or Wednesday. And thank you for your advice and insight.

HD-Rugby

Thank you Brian Hoskins Ford in Coatesville Pennsylvania. Warranty work and then changed the oil and filter to boot. They said Ford is killing them as they had 3 other vehicles with the same warranty water pump issues.