• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford recall toelinks

Started by avidmotion, November 07, 2020, 03:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

Greetings All!
Hope all lived through the election...
I finally got my papers from Ford saying my 7 month backorder toelinks that were on recall is now in stock at Ford. I had new front struts and rear shocks put on. Now Ford wants to do toelinks. If Ford does the toelinks, do they/will they Have to do a wheel alignment(saving my expense to get done after changing struts and shocks?)
Any info helpful....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

SM105K

Went to Ford yesterday. They said they couldn't get my SHO in until 11/25. Left and went to the Lincoln dealership down the street, left it there last night and it should be done today. All the Lincoln guys were like....thats a Taurus? Lol.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

avidmotion

Any updates? When they did the toelinks, did they do a wheel alignment?  I just had new front PP struts and rear PP shocks put on and need to get wheel alignment.  But if Ford has to do it when changing the toelinks, my cheap ass will wait....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

There is No four wheel alignment included! Rear toe adjustment only AFAIK! Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

Quote from: avidmotion on November 11, 2020, 04:01:06 AM
Any updates? When they did the toelinks, did they do a wheel alignment?  I just had new front PP struts and rear PP shocks put on and need to get wheel alignment.  But if Ford has to do it when changing the toelinks, my cheap ass will wait....

Per the Lincoln service manager, the rear alignment is included with the toe link recall.  I would have to pay extra if the front needed to be aligned.  However, they did check the alignment of the front before and said it was fine. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

Quote from: SM105K on November 11, 2020, 09:36:40 AM
Quote from: avidmotion on November 11, 2020, 04:01:06 AM

Per the Lincoln service manager, the rear alignment is included with the toe link recall.  I would have to pay extra if the front needed to be aligned.  However, they did check the alignment of the front before and said it was fine.
Smk is correct! Rear toe adjustment only l! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

So I got my SHO back from the Lincoln dealership.  Everything is in order, car feels good, and looks better with the rear alignment.  Remember I cut my H&R's as well, so there was a little negative camber on the rear driver side that annoyed me.  It is fixed now, so it's a win.