• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BamSHO Needs our Support! Donations Needed!

Started by StealBlueSho, November 06, 2020, 10:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Brian Michaels who goes by the handle BamSHO needs our support! Brian and his wife Kris have been in the SHO community for 20+ years at this point and have been a mainstay at the Ford/SHO events with his Black SHO and his White SHO. He has also been extremely involved in the forums and helping progress the platform. He is also one of the few drivers in the group that has brought home championship titles at his local tracks to the SHO community.

I personally have known Brian and his wife Kris for several years now and they are awesome people who would give the shirt off their back if you needed it. Brian was literally at my house a hair over a month ago as we went to MIR for a private track rental.

Currently all donation to support the forum will be redirected to Brian and Kris Michaels in their time of need. If you have setup re-occurring donations please redirect them to the email address below. Thank you!

Please donate via Paypal to bamkmm91@gmail.com , every bit helps!!

Here is the latest update from BPD1151 which can be found on the original thread where Brian was posting updates.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,10758.msg160602/topicseen.html#new

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 05, 2020, 08:12:51 PM11/05/20.......

I've been asked to provide an update here on behalf of Brian.

I'll just start out by cutting right to the chase. Brian's condition is far from good.

After having gone to John Hopkins, the staff at that facility confirmed what Brian had been previously told by his local physician. The cancer has spread to various areas of his body. There's no prescribed course of treatment at this point. Moving forward, they can only help Brian stave off his developing symptoms to provide as best a quality of life experience as possible. His condition is considered terminal.

It pains me to inform everyone of this. Tears are welling up as I type this.

Brian was sent home from John Hopkins, but then went right back to his local hospital because he was having difficulty swallowing anything at all. Solids, or liquids.

Brian then had a stent placed inside his esophagus to help open up the opening to permit him to begin eating/drinking. That procedure turned out to be challenging, as the tumor had/has grown. They went right through the tumor itself in order to place the stent where it needed to be.

Brian was then released again, only to return back to the ER yesterday. He has now been diagnosed with Pneumonia. To make matters even worse, the stent dislodged, and is now resting in his stomach. Brian has not eaten anything since last Saturday.

His wife (Kris) mentioned that he has since been transferred to a facility called "Geisinger" to have the stent retrieved and re-installed a 2nd time. However, none of that can occur, until the Pneumonia has been eradicated.

Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Geisinger does not allow any visitors at all. Including family. So Brian's all alone at the moment, with his only interactions being with hospital staff.

I spoke with Kris today. Understandably she's incredibly upset. She said Brian's having a real tough time. Kris also informed me that Brian's last pay check was picked up 2 weeks ago and financially, they're beginning to struggle. Brian has short term disability, but that only lasts a short time and is also only covering 60% of what he previously earned. Insurance is expiring as well.

Kris said that Brian's father is in the process of setting up a Go-Fund Me account to take donations. I will post that info once it is provided to me. I know that Go-Fund Me charges service fees. So I asked Kris if in the interim, would she be willing to accept donations via PayPal. In tears herself now, she said yes, and thanked me for asking.

That said, whatever the community can do to help out, any/all donations will be greatly appreciated.

Their PayPal email is: bamkmm91@gmail.com

Please pray for Brian, as well as for Kris, and their only daughter Kate. Their entire family appreciates all the support respectively.

Thank you everyone.

Brian's good friend.......  Mike K.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk