• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ambient Lighting

Started by FO SHO, September 06, 2013, 07:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FO SHO

Whats up with the ambient lighting on my 2010 SHO? All of the lights sync the same switching color to color except for one which happens to be by the passenger handle? Is it out of sync and if so what do i do?
AZ ALL MOTORS

DJE624

Maybe try disconnecting the battery?  Maybe that would reset it to default.

FO SHO

Thank you. ill go try it right now
AZ ALL MOTORS

FO SHO

unfortunately that did not work.
AZ ALL MOTORS

DJE624

Sorry.  It was worth a try anyway.

dalum

Does it change at all?  I think they're rgb led's so you might have a wire damaged or something so you're only getting 2 of the 3 colors that mix.
2013 Non-PP SHO

Gorgon_SHO

Reviving this old thread because I have this exact issue. the door panel ambient LED lights do not match in color with the floor LEDs. They switch colors with the button, but often the two doors don't even match colors either.

Any advice on where to look for loose connections or whatever would be helpful. Or if there is another thread somehwere that discusses this problem, please let me know. I've been searching for a while now.
2012 SHO - Non-PP
-- Unleashed power package with 3 Bar Sensor and 91 Performance Tune
-- mDesign Cold Air Intake

TopherSho

Mine are the same ... one color is not making it to the door handle so the door lights stay 'hard red' on a number of colors.  since the issue is on both sides i know it is further up the harness than i feel like fixing so i begrudgingly filled the door lights with a dark epoxy and sealed off the light :P
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

bpd1151

This issue has crept up from time to time and it's not a fixable item.

Only cure is to purchase the complete loom from Ford and replace the entire line.

IIRC from when I did mine many years ago, I think it was like a $55-$60 item.

Remove door panel, disconnect old loom, and install new replacement.

Took all of like 20min tops, as it was the 1st time for me to have had removed the door panel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jman

Here you go:

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2336.0.html

I actually have the same issue on both doors.

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

Gorgon_SHO

Quote from: jman on October 22, 2020, 03:36:23 PM

Here you go:

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2336.0.html

I actually have the same issue on both doors.

Very good to know. I will look into the part. Probably a fix for me soon as the light difference drives me nuts.
2012 SHO - Non-PP

bpd1151

I have been working a lot as of late. Sign of the times, as well as a few coworkers having tested hot for the COVID-19.

Anyhow, the fix is so seriously easy, it's not even funny. Albeit parts supply at the moment is a never ending challenge given the pandemic and what not.

I think I may still have my old, broken funky LED wire loom lying around amongst all my other parts spread everywhere due to the ongoing motor rebuild. I think I also may have the actual parts bag with the replacement part # / part name printed on it.

Now, FMC supercedes part #'s annually for craps sake (just to drive all of us nutty I firmly believe) but if I do find it, it should at least point y'all in the right direction.

Hopefully I get out of work on time, and if so, I'll be going to bed when the rest of the world is just waking up. So allow me some sleep and then I'll go digging around.

If I am successful in locating it, I'll repost with pics.

bpd1151

Alright. I took the time to find it, before heading off to bed.

See attached photos.

This is/was for the right front passenger door.

Again, the part # may have been superceded by now. So search carefully.

The loom itself has 4 push on clips, 2 that are fastened by a single screw from what I recall, and then of course the wiring harness connector.

10min. to remove the door panel. 5min. to R&R the loom, another 5 to 10min. to reinstall door panel. Wallah, done!

Good luck. Off to bed. Very long, busy shift last night.

Gorgon_SHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 23, 2020, 08:12:51 AM
Alright. I took the time to find it, before heading off to bed.

See attached photos.

This is/was for the right front passenger door.

Again, the part # may have been superceded by now. So search carefully.

The loom itself has 4 push on clips, 2 that are fastened by a single screw from what I recall, and then of course the wiring harness connector.

10min. to remove the door panel. 5min. to R&R the loom, another 5 to 10min. to reinstall door panel. Wallah, done!

Good luck. Off to bed. Very long, busy shift last night.

You are awesome! Extremely helpful. I'll do some searching today and report back here for posterity's sake.
2012 SHO - Non-PP