• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Colorado SHO - Looking for advice

Started by Gorgon_SHO, October 21, 2020, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

JUST the cats will make the biggest difference.  The OEM cats are hheeiiddeeiioouussllyy bad (especially if octane boosters are used) ...  I say go for what your budget allows and what you want!

With the want of swapable,  and cutouts it makes more sense to go full front to back. 
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Gorgon_SHO

Quote from: TopherSho on March 29, 2021, 06:44:06 PM
JUST the cats will make the biggest difference.  The OEM cats are hheeiiddeeiioouussllyy bad (especially if octane boosters are used) ...  I say go for what your budget allows and what you want!

With the want of swapable,  and cutouts it makes more sense to go full front to back. 

Awesome. Thanks for the advice! I may end up just starting with the downpipes for better performance and then move to a full system later, since that will be a hefty investment.
2012 SHO - Non-PP
-- Unleashed power package with 3 Bar Sensor and 91 Performance Tune
-- mDesign Cold Air Intake

SHOdded

An xpipe on V6s seems to be the way to go.  one member had good luck combining that with Dynomax mufflers, but it may be too loud for your significant other :)

have you checked out the Definitive Exhaust thread?
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2462
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gorgon_SHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 02, 2021, 07:38:06 AM
An xpipe on V6s seems to be the way to go.  one member had good luck combining that with Dynomax mufflers, but it may be too loud for your significant other :)

have you checked out the Definitive Exhaust thread?
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2462

Thanks! I have seen that thread and listened to quite a few videos. I haven't seen too many h-pipes and maybe there is a reason for that. I've read somewhere that H-pipes tend to give a slightly deeper tone, while x-pipes give marginally better performance. Since I'm not building a track monster squeezing every tenth of a second of maximum performance out of my vehicle isn't as much of a focus for me.

I think Dynomax mufflers sound good, but you are probably right, might be a bit too loud for me. I'm thinking something close to stock sound and with the mufflers, but then when I hit the cutouts it can roar. Or at least growl.
2012 SHO - Non-PP
-- Unleashed power package with 3 Bar Sensor and 91 Performance Tune
-- mDesign Cold Air Intake