• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ecoboost_xsport Consolidated Build/Maintenance Thread

Started by Ecoboost_xsport, October 21, 2020, 10:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecoboost_xsport

Shift Knob Replacement

Personal Blog Link: Shift Knob Replacement @ FTW

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Ecoboost_xsport

Quote from: SHOdded on March 08, 2021, 05:22:19 AM
Nice.
https://www.fortheworkshop.com/?p=387
Oh thank you, I didn't realize there was an issue with my link, I should've checked it better, LOL.  I did fix it though...
'preciate it!

Macgyver

Ecoboost_xsport

New Tires

Been awhile since I posted some goodies! Got a few in the chute for y'all!

Personal Blog Link: New Tires! @ FTW

Ecoboost_xsport

Damn...Burning Smoke!

Personal Blog Link: Burning Smoke @ FTW

Ecoboost_xsport

Day at the track...set a record

Personal Blog Link: Settin'a Record @ FTW

Macgyver

Ecoboost_xsport

Well, was cranking out a bit of work on my built block yesterday.  insulated the lower coolant pipe to match the upper one I did awhile back.  This pipe was also ceramic coated by Jet Hot.  Took all freaking day to deal with taking that lower pipe out and back in since I had the heads on.  Working on this pipe is WAY easier with the heads off, but I missed it at the time of the build. Still, I was determined and got it done!

Ecoboost_xsport

Possible game changer component?

There's quite a few weak points on the 6F55-based 3.5L ecoboost platform and for the last few months, I've been noodling through solving a tiny sliver of that long list...the low-pressure fuel pump. I'll be doing an in-depth write up here soon so I won't go into too much eye-glazing detail at the moment.

The intent here is a plug and play (well, sorta lol), PCM-compatible dual in-tank LPFP. No extra regulators, auxiliary controllers, Hobbs switches, etc. This has the potential to crack the ceiling on fuel delivery for extreme e85 applications. As some of you know, the low pressure side can't keep up, even with a DW300c.

When I get the controlling portion nailed down (working with a fueling company to develop a FPDM replacement that can push the dual pumps as well as work 100% with factory PCM). I still don't know 100% if this will work, but all signs point to yes. This is a mod geared towards those shooting for the upper levels of power output. I will keep everyone posted on my progress as well as a build list on how to make this conversion when I've ironed out all the specifics. Thanks and stay tuned!!! Some pics comparing stock module with the dual one.

Macgyver

Ecoboost_xsport

OK, lots of updates to the motor build...

https://www.fortheworkshop.com/?p=295

mguy13sport

Interesting finds with the valve cover switch from 2013 and 2015. I have a 2013 with the aluminum covers. Could I "upgrade" to the plastic covers? I thought they had dual phasers with an extra VCT sensor? 2013 is single phaser. I assume they are lighter and like you mentioned have better PCV design. I mostly just want the black look haha.
2013 Explorer Sport
Livernois tuned
Steeda rear suspension

Google Album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WKt7eXzdXMyPEC6K8

Ecoboost_xsport

Quote from: mguy13sport on May 30, 2021, 01:18:14 PM
Interesting finds with the valve cover switch from 2013 and 2015. I have a 2013 with the aluminum covers. Could I "upgrade" to the plastic covers? I thought they had dual phasers with an extra VCT sensor? 2013 is single phaser. I assume they are lighter and like you mentioned have better PCV design. I mostly just want the black look haha.
No, same single phaser. The dual phaser is on the NA version. I don't really see any value in upgrading except weight. The composite ones are a bit lighter. But I don't think there's enough juice to squeeze to make it a worthwhile change. Just pull off the aluminum covers and powder coat them...

Ecoboost_xsport

So, haven't been so active lately, but still lots of stuff moving forward...latest write-up...
Aquamist HFS4v3.1 Direct Port Methanol Injection System
https://www.fortheworkshop.com/?p=3138