• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 SHO PP Loop Track Mods

Started by ticoscen, October 20, 2020, 10:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ticoscen

Hey there. I'm tracking my SHO PP 2010 in the mid atlantic area on various HOD tracks. Had engine stumble at 120 mph on the Oak Tree straight of VIR last friday. It would kick out of gear and cut the engine to idle, 3000 RPM and didn't throw any codes. Happened on only ONE part of the track, no where else. Weird. Scratching my head on it. Thought maybe tranny was over heating, PTU over heating or something like that. Can't be the speed cap because of the tune set that to 300kph. I did find out later my cold air intake filter was dirty, so, hope that was it: running too rich. Hence, not enough air at MAX sustained engine demand at speed loads. Regardless, a tranny cooler may be in order. So, here's the big Q: What mods should a 2010 SHO PP get to do sustained high speed runs reliably on loop tracks with 30 minute hard driving track sessions? Current mods list : Livernoise 440T tune, muffler delete, 275 40 20 Michelin Sport 4S's with 20mm spacers, God Speed Coil overs, adjustable dampening, with lowered suspension, 2013+ HD brakes (calipers and rotors), Hawk HPS 5.0 brake pads, cold air intake, rear differential drain plug, PTU drain plug, PTU vent / fill mod, FL500s oil filter, noise maker delete, update rear toe links, all new "bones" on front and rear suspension, new stub bearings. Next steps: track pads, tranny cooler and cooled PTU (when and if the PTU ever blows).
2010 PP , coil overs, upgraded larger brake system, Hawk Pads, Michellin Sport 4S 275 40 20, CAI, Livernois Stage 4+, MSDs, Brisk Silver Plugs, Amsoil 100% Syn throughout, Apple CarPlay, Reverse Cam, 70mm TB, Boomba BOVs, Muffler delete, Side Skirts, Splitter, Upgraded TC, New PTU, Rebuilt Trans, DORMAN Prop Shaft,
new motor mounts 4 places (TC lowers..). SHO II: 2011 NON PP, CAI, Stage 4+ LMS, Apple Car Play, Larger Brake  System, Hawk Pads, Brisk Silver Plugs, MSDs, 70mm BKK TB, Skirts, Splitter, Amsoil 100%

TopherSho

This sounds similar to a issue I had where hard launching puts the car in a weird protected mode.  There seems to be a disengage that can occur on the tranny.  I accidently launched at 3000rpm do to me racing in new shoes and the tranny ''just stopped'' It would not go into ''gear'' .. I drove to the turn out lane using the RDU and it went into park,  but not reverse or drive.

After a cycle of the ignition the issue resolved. 

I would wager the coolant went to hot, because it sure doesn't care about fluid level .... hmmmm random thought...

Have you added your half/pint over into the trans?  A number of members required adding 1/4 or 1/2 a pint more tranny fluid over the HASH mark to prevent the  tranny from dropping out of gear and ''being choppy'' and banging back into gear.

PS\ADD :: No codes occurred on my tranny 'safe mode' .. it seems TCU bound behavior
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

shaundizzle15

Sounds like your on the right track as far as mods, maybe upgrading to the Wilwood brake kit? Hows your brake fade? definitely braided lines as well. As Topher said many have seen smoother/better trans function at the 1/4-1/2 pint over fill of trans fluid. Only other mod's I can think of is the stronger rear sway bar being built and the AD trans mount upgrade.
Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

TopherSho

Quote from: shaundizzle15 on October 21, 2020, 07:46:05 AM
Sounds like your on the right track as far as mods, maybe upgrading to the Wilwood brake kit? Hows your brake fade? definitely braided lines as well. As Topher said many have seen smoother/better trans function at the 1/4-1/2 pint over fill of trans fluid. Only other mod's I can think of is the stronger rear sway bar being built and the AD trans mount upgrade.

Heck yeah on the mounts.  They have real word affect on launch stance,  and should translate to powering out of apexs burning less kinetic force lifting the front end up as much..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction