• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SCT Livewire Killed PCM

Started by mcrmb1, October 18, 2020, 11:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcrmb1

I bought 4 new tunes from Torrie went to load one at the gas pumps and it bricked my PCM $55 Wrecker bill to get home.  Called Sct they told me to have it flash so there went $150 to say it was a brick. Ordered a remaned one $250 said it was going to updated and ready to go. well it came in and it was up to date but had to spend $100 to have it set for keys to work so $555 + the cost of the tunes to make it where i can drive a stock car. 3 different people at Sct said they were working on it and would call me back this started on 7-11-2020. Now I keep trying to call them called both customer service numbers throughout the day but always get a message were busy and hung up on anyone else run in to this?
2010 Ford Flex Limited 3.5L Eco-boost Upgraded Timing and water pump to 2012 version

ridered74

I've heard of several people having issues flashing vehicles for the earlier years, and heard of more than a few people getting sct to pay the dealer fee for reflashing ecm of car, and one or two people having their devices replaced/upgraded because they couldn't figure it out. Keep all your receipts, keep calling them and emailing them and good luck.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

autox4fun

Quote from: mcrmb1 on October 18, 2020, 11:08:08 AM
I bought 4 new tunes from Torrie went to load one at the gas pumps and it bricked my PCM $55 Wrecker bill to get home.  Called Sct they told me to have it flash so there went $150 to say it was a brick. Ordered a remaned one $250 said it was going to updated and ready to go. well it came in and it was up to date but had to spend $100 to have it set for keys to work so $555 + the cost of the tunes to make it where i can drive a stock car. 3 different people at Sct said they were working on it and would call me back this started on 7-11-2020. Now I keep trying to call them called both customer service numbers throughout the day but always get a message were busy and hung up on anyone else run in to this?

I haven't gotten anywhere with them on a fix, I ended up picking up a cheap used X3 and use that for doing the tune and use the livewire for gauges and logs

They stopped updating the X3 so it doesn't have the BS EPA update on it
Ported - Heads, EX manifolds, and turbine housings, GH - turbos, TQ, & IC, EPP intake and hotpipes w/Tial (11lbs), x35 spacer, MSD coils, PPE catted DP, Magnaflow exhaust, DW in tank, Livernois Hpfp, Fuel-IT e-sensor, AEM WMI, SHO trans cooler, Megan Coilovers, Retrofitted Headlights, TSW wheels

mcrmb1

well been 7 mouths and all sct support will say is there working on it
2010 Ford Flex Limited 3.5L Eco-boost Upgraded Timing and water pump to 2012 version

ridered74

Quote from: mcrmb1 on January 25, 2021, 09:23:21 AM
well been 7 mouths and all sct support will say is there working on it

What is your vehicle strategy code?
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

mcrmb1

DMJKBTY Before Tranny Swap worked great 

DMJKBRS After Tranny swap is the one that killed it

ridered74

Quote from: mcrmb1 on January 26, 2021, 02:23:42 AM
DMJKBTY Before Tranny Swap worked great 

DMJKBRS After Tranny swap is the one that killed it

Thanks! Heard of this issue many times, would be interesting to have someone actually get a fix from sct and hear what exactly causes it.