• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Need to share with this group.

Started by bamsho, October 17, 2020, 06:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKS Tom

2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

How goes it, Brian?  Hope everything is progressing apace!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

This past Monday they added a 3rd chemo drug to the mix.  I had a reaction to it.  I got cold and the shakes real bad, like someone flipped a switch.   The nurses and doctor took care of this issues almost immediately.  I was scared bigtime when this happened.  Doctor told me that sometimes this happens and they would get me thru it, and they did.  Rest of the treatment went as normal for the day, and got my pump hooked up for the next 2 days.  Wednesday afternoon they removed the portable chemo pump and I went home.   Then I didn't feel good and was nausea the rest of the night.  Thankfully they gave me awesome nausea pills.  Thanksgiving morning I felt fine, so hopefully next treatment won't be as bad.  I'm definitely able to eat alot better than weeks ago.  I actually was again to eat a small portion of Thanksgiving dinner Kris made.  Just that little dinner made me feel alot better.   

Forgot to mention,  doctor thinks maybe in mid or late Dec, I can have this stent in my esophagus removed.  That would be a big deal.  That's it guys. 
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bamsho on November 27, 2020, 12:19:53 PM
This past Monday they added a 3rd chemo drug to the mix.  I had a reaction to it.  I got cold and the shakes real bad, like someone flipped a switch.   The nurses and doctor took care of this issues almost immediately.  I was scared bigtime when this happened.  Doctor told me that sometimes this happens and they would get me thru it, and they did.  Rest of the treatment went as normal for the day, and got my pump hooked up for the next 2 days.  Wednesday afternoon they removed the portable chemo pump and I went home.   Then I didn't feel good and was nausea the rest of the night.  Thankfully they gave me awesome nausea pills.  Thanksgiving morning I felt fine, so hopefully next treatment won't be as bad.  I'm definitely able to eat alot better than weeks ago.  I actually was again to eat a small portion of Thanksgiving dinner Kris made.  Just that little dinner made me feel alot better.   

Forgot to mention,  doctor thinks maybe in mid or late Dec, I can have this stent in my esophagus removed.  That would be a big deal.  That's it guys.

Sounds like things are moving in a positive direction which is awesome! One day at a time! I am glad you were able to partake in Thanksgiving dinner, that super important. Keep up the battle buddy!

SHOdded

You don't know your own strength till it is put to the test.  Definitely don't give up on participation in family activities.  It keeps the spirit alive.  God Bless.

bamsho

Finished up round 3 of chemotherapy today.  Had my chemo pump removed, I have to wear it for 2 days.  Yes it sucks, can't do much with it hang around my neck.  Also got a surprise email today.  I had wrote my story about my cancer on the Washington football team page.  Well I was surprised that I actually got a response from Coach Rivera.  Yes it's actually from him, saw the email address.  I cried some, because he actually took the time to email me. 

So overall Im doing ok, eating pretty much normal food now.  Stent removal is on hold till this Covid crap calms down.  Also the cold sensitive finally hit me, yeah that totally sucks.  So I keep pushing ahead.

2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

ridered74

Hang in there man, every day is a new day!

Super cool that coach rivera reached out to you. I've heard from friends that lived in panther land that he is a genuinely super nice guy. Also super sorry to hear that you're a redskins fan, that must be tough the last 20 years or so (even tho they just beat my steelers).
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

SHOdded

Pretty awesome of the Coach to respond to you, Brian.  We have to do a lot of weird things when in this dire of a situation, but the light at the end of the tunnel is well worth it.  Stay strong.

BlueSHO

Glad to hear your doing better. Rivera is a cool guy even way back when he played for the Bears here in Chicagoland..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

TSS

I did not know that you were going through this. I don't check in here very often anymore. Bruce (brucelinc) gave me a heads-up. You (and Kris) are now included in my Prayers.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

bamsho

Just venting.  Think I just hit a wall in my treatment.  I don't know why it happened but it did.  Couldn't sleep to save my ass, even the prescription meds didn't work.  How I felt was so up and down all week, everyday, got to me.  Ive stayed positive thru all this, but even this week my mind was racing, even thinking about the inevitable.  With the new year upon us, now I'm freakin scared.  Scared that when I have the CT scan it will show that the spots on the liver haven't changed.  Then I worry about Kris and Kate, family and friends living without me.  Kris said alot of what I'm feeling is part of the side effects of the one chemo drug.  I just don't know anymore.  Treatment is tomorrow, so will talk with the doctor then.  Just had to get this off my chest.

Talk with oncologist today.  Looks like I'll be on some type of treatment for the rest of my life.  Then CT scan at the end of month before my 8th treatment.  So then we well see.

Thanks for listening guys.

SHOdded

Dont let your imagination or your thoughts run wild.  Steer back to the course you were doing good on.  The universe of terrible outcomes is infinite.  Keep that door closed.  You will do fine.

As for handling side effects, homeopathy, acupuncture, and medical marijuana are very viable options. Ask your doctors about them.

bamsho

CT scan scheduled for the 27th of January.  As they say, this is the money shot.  I will know the results on my next treatment the following Monday.  🙏🙏🙏.  Praying bigtime now.  Oncologist seemed to be positive the results will be good news.  Let's hope so.

TopherSho

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction