• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Need to share with this group.

Started by bamsho, October 17, 2020, 06:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucelinc

Damn, Brian, I hate hearing the diagnosis but I love your positive attitude.   You are a great influence to many of us.   I wish you the very best and have confidence that you will beat this.     

bamsho

Update guys..  Got an appointment at John Hopkins next Wednesday.  One of the best cancer places in the country.  Think my oncologist doctor got a little but hurt when we getting a secong opinion from there.  He made a couple comments to my dad and wife which they hated.  Oh well too bad.  If  we like what they have to say, guess what they are taking the lead in treating me.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SHOdded

Great to hear you got in so quick!  It is a very nice place, with lots of research and experience to back it up.  The people are exceptional.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

11/05/20.......

I've been asked to provide an update here on behalf of Brian.

I'll just start out by cutting right to the chase. Brian's condition is far from good.

After having gone to John Hopkins, the staff at that facility confirmed what Brian had been previously told by his local physician. The cancer has spread to various areas of his body. There's no prescribed course of treatment at this point. Moving forward, they can only help Brian stave off his developing symptoms to provide as best a quality of life experience as possible. His condition is considered terminal.

It pains me to inform everyone of this. Tears are welling up as I type this.

Brian was sent home from John Hopkins, but then went right back to his local hospital because he was having difficulty swallowing anything at all. Solids, or liquids.

Brian then had a stent placed inside his esophagus to help open up the opening to permit him to begin eating/drinking. That procedure turned out to be challenging, as the tumor had/has grown. They went right through the tumor itself in order to place the stent where it needed to be.

Brian was then released again, only to return back to the ER yesterday. He has now been diagnosed with Pneumonia. To make matters even worse, the stent dislodged, and is now resting in his stomach. Brian has not eaten anything since last Saturday.

His wife (Kris) mentioned that he has since been transferred to a facility called "Geisinger" to have the stent retrieved and re-installed a 2nd time. However, none of that can occur, until the Pneumonia has been eradicated.

Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Geisinger does not allow any visitors at all. Including family. So Brian's all alone at the moment, with his only interactions being with hospital staff.

I spoke with Kris today. Understandably she's incredibly upset. She said Brian's having a real tough time. Kris also informed me that Brian's last pay check was picked up 2 weeks ago and financially, they're beginning to struggle. Brian has short term disability, but that only lasts a short time and is also only covering 60% of what he previously earned. Insurance is expiring as well.

Kris said that Brian's father is in the process of setting up a Go-Fund Me account to take donations. I will post that info once it is provided to me. I know that Go-Fund Me charges service fees. So I asked Kris if in the interim, would she be willing to accept donations via PayPal. In tears herself now, she said yes, and thanked me for asking.

That said, whatever the community can do to help out, any/all donations will be greatly appreciated.

Their PayPal email is: bamkmm91@gmail.com

Please pray for Brian, as well as for Kris, and their only daughter Kate. Their entire family appreciates all the support respectively.

Thank you everyone.

Brian's good friend.......  Mike K.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bamsho

Well after hell week.  Chemotherapy finally begins.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

bpd1151

I don't want to "like" that post, however Brian I will say that the personal update from you directly is appreciated.

The entire community (and then some) is hopeful you meet each of the challenges ahead, with success.

ridered74

Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

StealBlueSho

You have this buddy!!!! It maybe tough, but as a veteran SHO owner you are no stranger to adversity! A lot of love being sent to you and your family.

bamsho

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 09, 2020, 12:26:48 PM
I don't want to "like" that post, however Brian I will say that the personal update from you directly is appreciated.

The entire community (and then some) is hopeful you meet each of the challenges ahead, with success.

I know it is buddy, but hey it's the best I've felt in weeks.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: bamsho on October 17, 2020, 06:57:09 PM
Im not running away from this, I feel better if it's out in the open. 

I have bad news to share. 

After couple months of discomfort swallowing, I went to my family doctor.  He scheduled a GI swallow test, which turned into a rush GI scope procedure.  Yeah, you know where this is heading.

They found a 3CM mass in my esophagus, near where the esophagus and stomach meet.  Biopsy was done, and it was confirmed.

So saw oncologist last Thursday to discuss things and the next steps.  CT scan is Monday to see if the cancer spread anywhere else.  Tuesday I see the radiologist, I know they want to start this ASAP.  Then back to the oncologist Thursday again for the CT scan results.

It has been an overwhelming last couple weeks to say it mildly.  My wife and I have done alot of praying and crying lately.  Yeah I'm freakin scared beyond scared.

Writing this is helping me cope,  so thank you for taking the time to read this.  I've been in the SHO community for 20 plus years, let me tell you it's a tight community, not matter how much we bicker. Just need the community behind me and my wife at this time.

God bless everyone

That SUCK SUCK SUCKS SUCKS.
That being said, I HIGHLY suggest you remove all simple carbs from your diet and start implementing fasting ASAP.
Glucose feeds cancer. Fasting longer than 72 hours helps your body break down unused proteins AKA cancer via autophagy.
The more of a meat only diet you can consume the better you'll be (CRAZY but true).
Also fasting prior to chemo massively reduces it's negative effects.
Trust me on this, with the wife's leukemia we've made massive strides following these protocols and her Dr is like you're reversing her leukemia.

https://osher.ucsf.edu/patient-care/integrative-medicine-resources/cancer-and-nutrition/faq/cancer-and-fasting-calorie-restriction

Myself I've lost over 100lbs with a meat primary diet with very little veggies, no fruit, no sugar, no bread etc. My health markers are in the excellent range for everything and my Dr. is completely impressed. Wife cured her T2 diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid and fatty liver.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SM105K

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on November 11, 2020, 01:21:48 PM
Quote from: bamsho on October 17, 2020, 06:57:09 PM
Im not running away from this, I feel better if it's out in the open. 

I have bad news to share. 

After couple months of discomfort swallowing, I went to my family doctor.  He scheduled a GI swallow test, which turned into a rush GI scope procedure.  Yeah, you know where this is heading.

They found a 3CM mass in my esophagus, near where the esophagus and stomach meet.  Biopsy was done, and it was confirmed.

So saw oncologist last Thursday to discuss things and the next steps.  CT scan is Monday to see if the cancer spread anywhere else.  Tuesday I see the radiologist, I know they want to start this ASAP.  Then back to the oncologist Thursday again for the CT scan results.

It has been an overwhelming last couple weeks to say it mildly.  My wife and I have done alot of praying and crying lately.  Yeah I'm freakin scared beyond scared.

Writing this is helping me cope,  so thank you for taking the time to read this.  I've been in the SHO community for 20 plus years, let me tell you it's a tight community, not matter how much we bicker. Just need the community behind me and my wife at this time.

God bless everyone

That SUCK SUCK SUCKS SUCKS.
That being said, I HIGHLY suggest you remove all simple carbs from your diet and start implementing fasting ASAP.
Glucose feeds cancer. Fasting longer than 72 hours helps your body break down unused proteins AKA cancer via autophagy.
The more of a meat only diet you can consume the better you'll be (CRAZY but true).
Also fasting prior to chemo massively reduces it's negative effects.
Trust me on this, with the wife's leukemia we've made massive strides following these protocols and her Dr is like you're reversing her leukemia.

https://osher.ucsf.edu/patient-care/integrative-medicine-resources/cancer-and-nutrition/faq/cancer-and-fasting-calorie-restriction

Myself I've lost over 100lbs with a meat primary diet with very little veggies, no fruit, no sugar, no bread etc. My health markers are in the excellent range for everything and my Dr. is completely impressed. Wife cured her T2 diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid and fatty liver.

I agree with Mike.  From my own personal experience with health and extreme pushing of my body athletically (monitored from my doctor) all of my markers move into better ranges with a primary meat diet.  Jordan Peterson and his daughter also have chronicled this in numerous pod casts which lead to try it.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Moisme33

I am sorry to hear this man. I will say that the company I work for makes software for companies that do genomic testing on cancers. Long story short is that if your oncologists haven't done so already, you might want to check with them to see if they considered doing genomics testing on the tumor/s and cancer cells that are afflicting you. The benefits of genomics testing are that it pin-points the correct course of treatment that is currently available and known to be successful to that specific cancer based on its genetic profile. Either way, I am saying a prayer for you and our family and know you will pull through.

bamsho

UPDATE.

Hey everyone,

Had a good appointment at the oncologist today.  They had my tumor test and found that it will take chemo well and shrink the tumors.  Also my body is doing well to chemo so far.  I'm starting to eat more, thankfully.  I lost 20lbs during my hell week in the hospital the other week.  I'll get into that another time.  I have an EKO scheduled for Thursday morning to make sure my heart is good.  Oncologist wants to add another chemo drug to help shrink the tumor faster.  So that's it for now.  Thanks for all the prayers and support, it means alot to Kris and I.

StealBlueSho

Hell ya!! All good things! And you were looking a little chubby in October so your probably back to your 18 year old self :-)

802SHO

Glad to hear you're doing much better!! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20