• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Need to share with this group.

Started by bamsho, October 17, 2020, 06:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamsho

Im not running away from this, I feel better if it's out in the open. 

I have bad news to share. 

After couple months of discomfort swallowing, I went to my family doctor.  He scheduled a GI swallow test, which turned into a rush GI scope procedure.  Yeah, you know where this is heading.

They found a 3CM mass in my esophagus, near where the esophagus and stomach meet.  Biopsy was done, and it was confirmed.

So saw oncologist last Thursday to discuss things and the next steps.  CT scan is Monday to see if the cancer spread anywhere else.  Tuesday I see the radiologist, I know they want to start this ASAP.  Then back to the oncologist Thursday again for the CT scan results.

It has been an overwhelming last couple weeks to say it mildly.  My wife and I have done alot of praying and crying lately.  Yeah I'm freakin scared beyond scared.

Writing this is helping me cope,  so thank you for taking the time to read this.  I've been in the SHO community for 20 plus years, let me tell you it's a tight community, not matter how much we bicker. Just need the community behind me and my wife at this time.

God bless everyone
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

StealBlueSho

My prayers and I am sure the communities prayers are with you buddy! I'm sorry to hear about the news however I know you have this! f**k Cancer! If you need anything buddy you just give me a ring. Love ya Brian, you got this! I fully expect many many years of similar pictures flipping off BPD1151

#fuckcancer

BlueSHO

Wow man so very sorry to hear this. You'll beat it and be as strong as ever. Gods speed and God bless..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

bpd1151

God knows I love me some sweet sweet Bri Bri action. I mean look, I even tried giving him a little tongue for Christ's sake.

But alas, this won't be the last finger he graciously gives me, that's for sure.

Brian my prayers are with you, and God speed for a quick and successful outcome in this next challenge life has thrown your way.

So sad to hear, but if there's anyone that's got this, it's you my friend.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FearlessAZ

Sorry to hear that man. I don't wish that stuff on anybody. Keep your head up and stay strong. f**k cancer. Lost too many people to that s***.

If there is anything we can do, please let us know. Maybe some stickers or a shirt or something to help raise some money? Just ideas
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

ridered74

Ah man sorry to hear that. 2020 just keeps on kicking people right in the d***. Positive thoughts coming your way man!
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

802SHO

Damn and f**k cancer is right!!  Sorry to hear this!!!   I pray you beat it into remission!! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bamsho

Thanks guys.  Definitely been up and down last couple weeks.  Another busy week with CT scan, seeing radiologist, and back to the oncologist.  Hopefully will know more and when treatment will start. 

Going to the track Friday, but not to race.  Just to talk and hang out with my friends there.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

jims2015

Quote from: bamsho on October 17, 2020, 06:57:09 PM

After couple months of discomfort swallowing, I went to my family doctor.  He scheduled a GI swallow test, which turned into a rush GI scope procedure.  Yeah, you know where this is heading.

They found a 3CM mass in my esophagus, near where the esophagus and stomach meet.  Biopsy was done, and it was confirmed.

So saw oncologist last Thursday to discuss things and the next steps.  CT scan is Monday to see if the cancer spread anywhere else.  Tuesday I see the radiologist, I know they want to start this ASAP.  Then back to the oncologist Thursday again for the CT scan results.

It has been an overwhelming last couple weeks to say it mildly.  My wife and I have done alot of praying and crying lately.  Yeah I'm freakin scared beyond scared.

Writing this is helping me cope,  so thank you for taking the time to read this.  I've been in the SHO community for 20 plus years, let me tell you it's a tight community, not matter how much we bicker. Just need the community behind me and my wife at this time.

God bless everyone

I know it's easier said than done, but don't lose hope and keep a positive mentality. In January 2015 I went for a routine checkup and complained that after a cold where the glands under the jaw tend to swell, one of them didn't have the swelling go back down. The MD sent me for a biopsy and came back stage 3 squamous cell carcinoma. My old MD was pessimistic and all he said was rare cancer, no cure. My attitude was, I've had a great life, so be it. I got sent to a great hematology center and before the following summer I was full remission. Now 5 years later it is reclassified cured. It was a rocky road for 6 months but I believe my attitude helped the outcome.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

bamsho

Quote from: jims2015 on October 19, 2020, 01:10:42 PM
Quote from: bamsho on October 17, 2020, 06:57:09 PM

God bless everyone

I know it's easier said than done, but don't lose hope and keep a positive mentality. In January 2015 I went for a routine checkup and complained that after a cold where the glands under the jaw tend to swell, one of them didn't have the swelling go back down. The MD sent me for a biopsy and came back stage 3 squamous cell carcinoma. My old MD was pessimistic and all he said was rare cancer, no cure. My attitude was, I've had a great life, so be it. I got sent to a great hematology center and before the following summer I was full remission. Now 5 years later it is reclassified cured. It was a rocky road for 6 months but I believe my attitude helped the outcome.

Thank you, means alot hereing your story.

SHOdded

Hey Brian!  Always looked forward to seeing your posts, but this is no way to do it!

So sorry to hear the diagnosis, and hoping the C is contained.

I have had a relative with metastasized cancer recover, partly due to their optimistic nature no doubt, but also due to the excellent care she received. Same with a friend who I could fairly say fought off an extreme case of colon cancer, again, due to excellent care.

Best wishes from me and the wife, you are always in our prayers.  Like you said the SHO community is tightknit, and we want you to WIN WIN WIN.  God Bless.

Will PM you separately.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I'm so sorry to hear about this ordeal Brian!
Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family at this fragile time. 
I'm hoping with much praying you shall overcome this. 
I would at least try to get a second opinion from a reputable Dr and another Ct scan IMHO!

Please think Positive and keep your chin up my friend. 
Due keep us updated on all counts.
Please feel free to contact me at anytime.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bamsho

Well news got worse.  Got the results from my CT scan.  The cancer spread and was found in some of my lymph nodes and 2 spots on my liver.   So this fight just got harder, but I can do it.  Requested my medical files, so I can send the John Hopkins in Baltimore.  Just taking it one day at a time for now.

SHOdded

Argh!  But you are taking the right steps, so have full faith.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

BUMP.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|