• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tail lights

Started by Linemonkey, October 16, 2020, 04:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linemonkey

I feel like I often ask stupid questions here but here we go again. The tail light bulbs on the trunk side, are going out a few at a time. I haven't torn into it yet but I'm wondering if anyone has had to deal with this. Are they sold separately or will I have to replace the whole thing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

bpd1151

Know how FMC sources parts from their vendors....

I will simply guess the assembly is sold as a whole unit, and that individual bulbs are not available.

Least through FMC.

Might have luck though checking with 3rd party, after market suppliers though.

If it were me, and that many had failed, I'd fear more may soon follow. Probably better biting the bullet and just purchasing the damn thing new.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Linemonkey

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 16, 2020, 04:36:26 PM

I will simply guess the assembly is sold as a whole unit, and that individual bulbs are not available.

Least through FMC.

If it were me, and that many had failed, I'd fear more may soon follow. Probably better biting the bullet and just purchasing the damn thing new.

I assumed as much. The lid side assembly isn't terribly expensive but I thought I'd ask the experts before I started pulling it apart. Is that chrome strip as fragile as the window trim? Good idea to have a spare on hand?

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

Nova

Quote from: Linemonkey on October 16, 2020, 04:44:10 PM
Quote from: bpd1151 on October 16, 2020, 04:36:26 PM

Least through FMC.

I assumed as much. The lid side assembly isn't terribly expensive but I thought I'd ask the experts before I started pulling it apart. Is that chrome strip as fragile as the window trim? Good idea to have a spare on hand?

No the chrome strip isn't very fragile. Just use a plastic pry tool and pull it away from the body oh don't forget its held on by screws as well.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk