• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

‘13 Fusion Eco P0299

Started by Chris Thornton, October 13, 2020, 09:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Thornton

Just got a '13 Fusion 1.6 Eco with 160,000 miles. Shortly after buying it I keep having a P0299 keep coming back. I know that it is turbocharger underboost code. Car runs great with no issues. I have read a lot aout wastegate problems, but wondering if it could be something else since the car runs good?

Macgyver

Well usually codes dont lie but the code can be caused by something else. In this case. High miles per say and it is a known issue. Start with what you know.

TopherSho

#1 go to,  have a good mechanic check the connection to the wastegate from the boost regulating solenoid.  It is a rubber hose and can rot, stretch, get oil in it and not actuate correctly. 

Next in line the electronic blow of valves are also easy to wear out and are sensitive to grime,  if they stick open boost will not build properly..

loose hoses on the intake can also be a issue,  check the service history of the car,  if the car has had a lot of work something may have been cracked and or loosend..

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction