• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Can't find a couple of modules in Forscan

Started by Black Dream, October 13, 2020, 07:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Dream

I loaded Forscan last week and signed up for a 2 week free license.  I've read through the tutorial on the Forscan forum and have a couple of questions.  Sadly searching through their forum I couldn't find any answers so I'm going to try here.  I bought the OBDLink EX adapter and connected to the car, 2010 MKS Eco.  I'm looking for the BCM (or BdyCM) and SECM modules to change a few things and don't see them listed.  I'm wondering if they aren't available for my car, maybe I bought the wrong adapter or I need to change something else in the settings.  I've attached a screenshot of the settings here for reference.  Thanks for any assistance you all might have.

2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

Macgyver

I know very little of forscan. On my Nissan. The BCM is locked out for any OBD software unless you are a dealer.

Black Dream

Reading through the Forscan forum, it shows in a Ford F150 but listed as a BdyCM and is programmable. I want to turn off the auto shut-off tied to the remote start. I understand why it's there but for some reason it irritates the hell out of me lol.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

jman

I know something is different on the 2010-2012 SHO (assume MKS as well) and you cannot access certain modules.

Read here: https://www.taurusclub.com/threads/forscan-how-to-modify-program-module-data.345971/post-3454855

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

Black Dream

So I learned a few things over the last week. Talked to AdmiralSparkles from taurusclub through Facebook, he's a really great dude, and the BCM commands aren't accessible for the first gen MKS'. He's not even sure it has a BCM, his theory is that they use a different monitoring program/system. Also for some modules the code is different than the Fords.

For example the programmable 4 digit code for the PSCM is different for the 2010 Taurus than it is on the 2010 MKS. I didn't find a SECM, steering effort control module, listed in Forscan on my car either which is where my research pointed me to to change the  stiffness of the steering wheel. But, and this was big, when I was in the PSCM I reloaded the stock code and saved it and holy hell it worked. The steering wheel has lost the floaty feeling, it corrects itself when turned, there's more resistance and the car doesn't jitter and dart at speed. It literally drives like a different car and I'm grateful. I've driven the car 200 miles like that before posting because I thought it might change but so far so good.  I'm still a complete noob to Forscan but read a little every day through their forum to learn more. It did tell me my right front parking sensor has a power issue which was the only code the car threw, Torque Pro never mentioned it. I don't think it's that detailed.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk