• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford Software or chiptuning for a tuning company

Started by Szabii Csiki, October 13, 2020, 01:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Szabii Csiki

Hello guys,
I am Davide from Romania.

Here, in the EU we have some strict regulations on pollution rules. They force us to buy small engines, etc. (downsizing). The taxes are too high from bigger engines than 2.0l.
Few months ago i bought a 2013 Ford B-Max, mint condition, low mileage. But it's the 1.0 3cyl 100hp Ecoboost engine.
It's not that bad.. really.. I was expecting something worse.

I want to change the software and i have 2 options: either I will choose the original Ford software for this engine, the 125hp model, either i will go to a tuning company and they will make their own software.

What's your recommendation?

TopherSho

Hello sir!

Well,  It will depend on the hardware that might be different between the cars,  despite being a global platform there can be smog\ fuel differences.   Because COBB deals with a lot of EU based cars and has been around for a long time I would talk to them and see what they have to offer for you my friend,  you might also talk to Cosworth who has been into morotsport modification of production cars for decades! 

good luck ..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction