• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2020 Explorer ST vs SHO..

Started by StealBlueSho, October 11, 2020, 12:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

So in my never satisfied mental state I was looking at the 2020 Explorer ST... the platform is head and shoulders above the SHO's 10+ year old setup as you would expect. What I didn't expect is with all the add-ons, size, etc.. that it is ONLY 350lbs heavier at the curb...

I am very tempted to go test drive one of the newer 2020's...

Michigan-SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on October 11, 2020, 12:33:01 PM
So in my never satisfied mental state I was looking at the 2020 Explorer ST... the platform is head and shoulders above the SHO's 10+ year old setup as you would expect. What I didn't expect is with all the add-ons, size, etc.. that it is ONLY 350lbs heavier at the curb...

I am very tempted to go test drive one of the newer 2020's...
I think it comes down to whether you are ok with driving an SUV and sacrificing the relative turning in we SHO's have over SUV's. Not sure if Ford has dealt with the extreme heat the 3.0L-TT creates, or if the aftermarket has been able to solve it, but it's a huge road block for the MKZ TT guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 Shadow Black SHO non-PP. Bone stock...for now

ridered74

I test drove a 2016 explorer platinum about six months before I bought my current sho, had a hard time getting it out of my head. The only thing that kept me from buying one was the thought of being slower than the SHO, which the newer ST's would not have that problem. Don't test drive one unless you are ready to move on. Those things are sharp!
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

Blackhawk

It will probably be my next vehicle, just waiting a bit for the used ones to come down a bit.  I usually keep cars 3-5 years and would take a beating on equity if I bought new.

SM105K

The Explorer ST is on my list of vehicles I am interested in.  They are damn cool.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

GotGrip?

I was planning on getting my wife a ecoboost flex or if my SHO blew up maybe getting an explorer sport. At this point, the next thing in my garage will probably be an Explorer ST. They are pretty damn nice, and they scoot!
2016 SHO Non-PP, GH/AJP E30 Tune,3Bar MAP, K&N Typoon, EPP Noisemaker Delete, H&R Springs, ZEDD SL5 19x9.5, PS Drilled/Slotted rotors, TreadStone TR8C FMIC, SSM Trans Mounts, TCE Custom Catted DPs, FMIC Sprayer, XDI35

Current Dyno: 421/503 (pre-dp/XDI)