• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO vs old Camaro SS

Started by ridered74, October 05, 2020, 09:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridered74

Oh the disappointments of bracket racing! Had quite the healthy lead on this guy and my launch and run felt like best one of night. I was torn between seeing what my car would run and winning round 2 of a $2000 to the winner event. At the last moment I decided to slam on the brakes, but I was too late and broke out more than him, so I did not get the win or see what my car would have ran. LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB-jChfSjFY
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

bamsho

Been there, gut wrenching feeling for sure.  Least you put them on notice, your car is something not to take lightly.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ridered74

Quote from: bamsho on October 05, 2020, 11:02:43 AM
Been there, gut wrenching feeling for sure.  Least you put them on notice, your car is something not to take lightly.

So gutwrenching because the level of competition at this track was so much lower than what I am used to. My light on this run was .016 which I could easily lose with at my home track. The majority of the guys winning at this track were cutting .03's and even higher.

The one thing I did not like about this track was they put a shield up over the other person's light, so you can't see it. When I raced a guy with a 17 second dial in, that made it a bit harder to do an accurate count in my head of when my light would start firing.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET