• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO vs Hellcat Redeye

Started by ridered74, September 24, 2020, 10:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridered74

For the most part, my last second decision to go to Milan for test and tune was a complete cluster. A comedy of errors continued on this run where I accidentally double bulbed him. The run before this I accidentally boosted it to 2800 rpm's and found the give point for the brakes and almost red lit because of it. It was just one thing after another all day long.

In the staging lanes this guy was behind me and a volkswagen GTI was next to me. Martin my favorite cameraman walks over to the hellcat guy and asks if he wants to race me. The guy says heck ya, so I asked the volkswagen driver if he would let me move over in front of him if I bought him a piece of pizza. He was nice enough to let me in so I could race mr hellcat.

Not sure if he intentionally gave me a headstart thinking he could reel me in or what his deal was, but I beat him across the line by over half a second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsmDzM8Ohks&t=4s
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

SM105K

I want to see that run on the street. Nice kill.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Sounds like a day for sure! but a win is a win right? lol.. what did it run?

bamsho

2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

BlueSHO

Nice win but something was seriously wrong with that Challenger..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

ridered74

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on September 24, 2020, 12:02:30 PM
Sounds like a day for sure! but a win is a win right? lol.. what did it run?

He ran 11.666 with a 1.x reaction time.

Video from the stands below.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3240750749354193&extid=Y9SoiBdMbuUyrQd0
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

802SHO

Awesome job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

mybigsho

A 1.73 sixty and the light,  not to many rear wheel big horse power stock tire cars will
catch that.. Nice Job!!
2016 SHO NON PP, HPFP, CATTED DP'S, GH INTERCOOLER,
CAI, 170 STAT, HR SRINGS, GH E30 TUNE 12.08@117.22 60' AJP E30 TUNE11.991@115.91 1.72 60'

ridered74

Quote from: mybigsho on September 25, 2020, 08:32:49 AM
A 1.73 sixty and the light,  not to many rear wheel big horse power stock tire cars will
catch that.. Nice Job!!

Thanks! It was a night of bad lights for me, sadly this was my best. Last 3 trips to the track every single light started with a zero and several the first two digits were zero. Thought I had her all figured out and then Wednesday hit. LOL!

Reminds me golf, the moment you think you got it all figured out it smacks you in the face. Only difference being I hate golf.

bamsho

What rims and tires are you running on the fronts? 

You gapped him enough with your power, he wasn't catching you.  Hope he liked his coupon to Gapplebees, 🤣🤣🤣
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

ridered74

Quote from: bamsho on September 25, 2020, 09:32:46 PM
What rims and tires are you running on the fronts? 

You gapped him enough with your power, he wasn't catching you.  Hope he liked his coupon to Gapplebees, 🤣🤣🤣

AR924 wheels and Nitto 555R's.

Last year I was able to get similar 60's with stock wheels and cooper zeons but I wore those out and the tires I replaced them with were horrible. Mostly 1.8's and low 1.9s so I picked these up about a month ago. Already had AR924 wheels so it was like buying spares that came with tires I knew would work.

Macgyver

Nitto 555's are usually a good straight line street tire that can handle cornering as well.

bamsho

Thinking about a softer tire when I get the rims

Macgyver

I have heard the Nittos are a great tire for traction. Road in a Juke that was AutoX'ing. The guy knew his stuff. Viscous handling all around and he preferred them for the straight line traction exiting the corner after the car would rotate. I saw 1.2g's on the Juke as well.

A few road course guys were using them as well. Atlanta and a track in Ohio.

I am not sure how they will hold up on a heavy car like the SHO. 5k-7500 miles ? The Juke got about 10k they said. A lot of $$$ for two years of rubber if its not your daily.