• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Diameter of PCV valve tubing

Started by xartic1, September 19, 2020, 08:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xartic1

I've been searching for some answers but I haven't been able to get any sort of valuable information regarding the size of tubing required for the tubing of a PCV valve.

Would 1/4" ID tubing be sufficient for a catch can setup? Ideally, I want to use some of the Teflon tubing I have leftover to make my setup with.
2014 Explorer Sport - Livernois 91 tune, 3 Bar MAP, Bilstein B6's, Dicunzolo Transmission Mounts, Mishimoto J-Line FMIC, AEM Drop In Filter, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, PPE Engineering Catless Downpipes, Reische 170 T-stat
2011 Mustang GT Brembo - Bama 91 tune, Steeda Intake,  LTH, 3" full exhaust with O/R X-Pipe no resonator, every possible suspension component replaced, weighs 3505 with 1/4 gas

RoketRdr

Do not use 1/4" hose.  Its far too small for boosted applications and will cause severe smoking from your exhaust.  1/2" hose or larger is optimal. 

Macgyver

I made my SHO setup but I got a JTL setup and it was far superior. Most aftermarket ones are really nice.

NITSOOB

You need 5/8 tubing.

Quote from: xartic1 on September 19, 2020, 08:26:23 PM
I've been searching for some answers but I haven't been able to get any sort of valuable information regarding the size of tubing required for the tubing of a PCV valve.

Would 1/4" ID tubing be sufficient for a catch can setup? Ideally, I want to use some of the Teflon tubing I have leftover to make my setup with.
2013 PP SHO - 3.5" DPs, 3.5" Exhaust, 3" Coldside
Pending: 5-Blade billet wheel, AJP Tune
1/8: 8.4@86