• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Never Forget 09/11/2001.....

Started by bpd1151, September 11, 2020, 07:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Seems fitting that on this somber, 19th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on America, that all of us reflect back and recall the nearly 3k American's who lost their lives on this tragic day in history.

I'll never forget being at Northwestern University, attending Tier 3 of an Accident Investigation's class, that the entire City of Chicago was shut down, as was the entire campus. We were the only class remaining.

Those of us who attended, were shocked by the unfolding events of that tragic day. Since cell service was terrible back then, and pagers were still in use, each of us committed to doing whatever it took to assist, as we heard that Sears Tower was one of the targets, to immediately deploy as needed.

So incredibly eery knowing that all flights across the entire USA were grounded, and hearing military jets flying overhead as the sole, and only flights occurring that morning.

Watching people leap from the World Trade Towers to their inevitable deaths, was beyond words. The news feeds did NOT censor their coverage at that time, as they seem to do so much nowadays.

A true reflection on those events, this very day, 19 years ago.

Seems fitting given the current polarity of the country, to recall that no matter what side of the political fence we originated, as well as no matter where we stood on various subject matter, that we all stood behind the American flag, and proudly helped each other out.

May God bless all of those who lost their lives that day. As well as all those family members who have carried the cross of those they lost, for all these years.

May God bless this country of ours, and hopefully God will help guide us all moving forward that we can recall all of those very reasons that makes America the greatest country in this entire world.

A link to more articles, pictures, etc.....

September 11 attacks - Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BOT_ROCKET

I can't believe it's been 19 years.
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

BlueSHO

Well said Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans