• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Better Catted High flow downpipes.. PPE or ????

Started by TopherSho, September 03, 2020, 02:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

So,  I am thinking of getting into a set of downpipes as my likely next to last mod (better mufflers are in the future.. or at last punching through the interior baffles on the current ones) ,  PPE has been mentioned here a few times so i am looking for experiences and any recommendations ..

Goal: HFC that are 1000% bolt on,  no moving the sensor and run with stock tune when needed. 

??  https://www.ppeengineering-onlinestore.com/Ford-Taurus-SHO-FLEX-Ecoboost-V6-25-high-flow-Cats-130001.htm  ??

TY in advance ..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on September 03, 2020, 02:28:05 AM
So,  I am thinking of getting into a set of downpipes as my likely next to last mod (better mufflers are in the future.. or at last punching through the interior baffles on the current ones) ,  PPE has been mentioned here a few times so i am looking for experiences and any recommendations ..

Goal: HFC that are 1000% bolt on,  no moving the sensor and run with stock tune when needed. 

??  https://www.ppeengineering-onlinestore.com/Ford-Taurus-SHO-FLEX-Ecoboost-V6-25-high-flow-Cats-130001.htm  ??

TY in advance ..

Yes! The ONLY 100% set and forget bolt-on downpipes that will pass emissions and will run on the stock tune without throwing a code is the PPE catted down pipes. They are worth the money, but even better if you find them used... I personally run the ceramic coated catted PPE downpipes.

YOU CAN use defoulers on other pipes with HFC's if you want to go that route. Its also an option.

My only gripe is that @EcoPowerParts stopped reselling them and PPE jacked the prices up.. which sucks.

lamrith

PPE Catted DP here.  Bought them as soon as I got my car.  As SBS said, bolt on and go.  I noticed deeper tone (plus added Dynomax bolt on tails which helped even more on tone), little quicker spooling.  Does not throw a code when stock tune.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

TopherSho

Hmm just to make sure,  the PPE pipes do not need a j-pipe defouler ?

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

StealBlueSho

TopherSho

SM105K

Yep PPE catted DP here as well. Really nice product. Plus everyone there was really cool when I stopped bye.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |