• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

'13 SHO keyfob part number?

Started by lamrith, September 02, 2020, 11:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamrith

MY car suddenly started activating panic alarm this morning.  pulled car battery thinking it might be low and spazzing out, voltage was ok.  put back on and did it again.  pulled the batter out of the fob and problem stopped.  Replaced the FOB battery and was fine all day.  Suddenly tonight it was doing it again just sitting in driveway.  I disconnected car battery again just to shut it up as the FOB would not shut horn off.  Could be bad fob battery, but sort of doubt it as not 3hrs ago I was able to remote start the car from inside my office building with no issue so the transmitter had power to send signal a good ways thru building.

Long story short, the wifes fob buttons do not work, so thinking time to bite the bullet and get a new set.  RockAuto has Dorman ones (actually with a cool OBD2 port  reporgramming module.), but I am curious what OEM part number is to check pricing?  I have two programmed FOBs, plus Forscan as well if it is required.
My fob looks like the one pictured in this Doorman replacement item on rockauto.

Thoughts?  Not looking to try reman fob, wifes was one of those and it lasted 2mos and buttons stopped working.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Macgyver

I have no clue .

The New Edge ST I have can program a 3rd FOB as long as you have two. It has a port built into the arm rest storage compartment. So I assume you can program an extra then if you lose one. Program another etc etc.

lamrith

Quote from: Macgyver on September 02, 2020, 11:56:13 PM
I have no clue .

The New Edge ST I have can program a 3rd FOB as long as you have two. It has a port built into the arm rest storage compartment. So I assume you can program an extra then if you lose one. Program another etc etc.
I can program a 3rd, I am sure, but I need to clear and reprogram 2 new ones as 1&2 then the one partially good one as #3 emergency backup.  My concern is finding the correct fob to buy.  Tasca keeps showing old school 4 button square ones as fitting my car.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

lamrith

Welllllll..  "That's not iiiiit." 
11pm lastnight my car panic mode goes off once again, I had to jump out of bed and run out and disconnect the battery.  Thankfully I had the forethought to put the wrench right in the driver's seat and leave the car unlocked.  No battery in the Keyfob, so I know it was not that sending a signal to the car this time.  I got something else going on.  I will start a new thread in another subsection

UGGGHH  $*&@ %&$(#@ $*(#er!!!  I have extremely low tolerance an patience for electrical gremlins.  Ever car before this that I have had one small minor issue with over time has blossomed into worse and worse problems.  I sold the last car which I really liked because it started having persistent electrical problems.  Battery is showing 12.44v, a which should not be low enough for it to start acting wonky?

Probably disconnect the horn after work today so that I can try and work on it/diagnose without annoying the neighbors or going deaf.  Anyone have any ideas for what to look at?