• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sudden loss of power/Blinking CEL/Shuddering

Started by SHO_Off, August 28, 2020, 10:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO_Off

Hey guys last weekend I had an issue with my 2010 SHO, its posted over on the SHO forum. Pulling up onto a highway the car seemed to just cutout. Ended up limping it 20 miles home st about 45ish. Idle was really rough and as i was testing at home I started getting white smoke out the exhaust.
Thought I lost a couple coils I had a misfire I diagnosed to 5/6 cylinders.
Upon replacing the coils i found the #6 plug was covered in oil not unburnt gas. Realized the cylinder has half a cup of fluid.
Couldn't find any oil in coolant or vice versa. After discussions and a lot of thinking i got something to pull some of the fluid out and there was coolant in the oil. So head gasket replacement is coming up next week.

For now I am just going to throw a bandaid on and get all the seals and gaskets replaced ill be messing with. Im gonna pray all my timing parts are still good im at 117k, will replace the water pump, and then drain the fluids and replace.

Does anyone know if the head gaskets are the same between EB/NA blocks? They appear to all be the same

Macgyver

Remember these engines can l have the water pump fail and can cause damage like this.

I would do the timing chain water pump etc while you are at it.

SHO_Off

Quote from: Macgyver on August 28, 2020, 04:58:41 PM
Remember these engines can l have the water pump fail and can cause damage like this.

I would do the timing chain water pump etc while you are at it.
Well i was thinking of doing timing but was told if I do I need to replace the VVT solenoids, cam phasers, everything, and I dont see any point in doing that if its ok. Are you saying you think its a water pump failure not a head gasket? Cause there's oil AND coolant in the cylinder, also im about a quart and a half low on oil

Macgyver

How often does a head gasket go and oil gets into a cylinder?

You could drop your oil pan and see whats going on in there.

SHO_Off

Quote from: Macgyver on August 29, 2020, 12:08:24 AM
How often does a head gasket go and oil gets into a cylinder?

You could drop your oil pan and see whats going on in there.
I drove it 20 miles home... if it was a rod a piston or a ring I would know it

Macgyver

Any metal in there would be a clue. It could be rings etc. Simple to check.

SHO_Off

Quote from: Macgyver on August 30, 2020, 12:22:15 AM
Any metal in there would be a clue. It could be rings etc. Simple to check.
If it was a piston ring then explain to me how I have coolant in there man.....

Macgyver

I am saying that there is probably something else going on other than a possible head gasket.

You can do what you want. You asked a question. I am offering advice.

Drain the oil and see what else could be happening.

SHO_Off

Quote from: Macgyver on August 30, 2020, 03:38:03 PM
I am saying that there is probably something else going on other than a possible head gasket.

You can do what you want. You asked a question. I am offering advice.

Drain the oil and see what else could be happening.
I'm just trying to figure out what makes you think something else is going on
Also. To be totally fair, you did not at all answer my question.

Macgyver

You have oil and water in your cylinder. I seriously doubt a head gasket is the problem. But since you dont want to drain your oil. So be it.

SHO_Off

Quote from: Macgyver on August 30, 2020, 10:15:17 PM
You have oil and water in your cylinder. I seriously doubt a head gasket is the problem. But since you dont want to drain your oil. So be it.
You still have yet to explain ANY reason at all for it not being a head gasket, again, how else will coolant get into the cylinder? If it was a rod or a piston how did I drive it 20 miles home?
I fully plan to drain and swap the oil and coolant OBVIOUSLY as they will likely be mixed at this point.

SM105K

Quote from: SHO_Off on August 30, 2020, 10:16:53 PM
You still have yet to explain ANY reason at all for it not being a head gasket, again, how else will coolant get into the cylinder? If it was a rod or a piston how did I drive it 20 miles home?
I fully plan to drain and swap the oil and coolant OBVIOUSLY as they will likely be mixed at this point.

Ryan DO NOT start your crap here. People here seem to not want to help you because most of them know who you are. Keep it civil or I will remove you. This is your only warning. If you want to be a productive member in this community then be it. If you want to post with attitude and act like a child it will not be tolerated.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHO_Off

Quote from: SM105K on August 31, 2020, 11:07:45 AM
Quote from: SHO_Off on August 30, 2020, 10:16:53 PM

Ryan DO NOT start your crap here. People here seem to not want to help you because most of them know who you are. Keep it civil or I will remove you. This is your only warning. If you want to be a productive member in this community then be it. If you want to post with attitude and act like a child it will not be tolerated.
He's totally wasting my time, I have asked him now 3 times nicely to explain his reasoning and he has given absolutely nothing at all at
How about you get a job and a life and stop harassing me 24/7 on these forums dude.

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHO_Off

Quote from: SM105K on August 31, 2020, 12:40:54 PM
And you are done. Have a nice day.
Lol ok, bye Felicia