• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Facebook Integration Question?

Started by StealBlueSho, August 27, 2020, 05:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

I have the option if allowing facebook accounts to register with EB-PF.Com This would allow Facebook users easier access to the forum with their facebook account. In my mind, this would allow the entire EBPF community to engage with each other. This would allow those who don't want another account to use the forums and those who wont use facebook to get exposure to those on facebook. It could potentially be a melding of the minds...

HOWEVER.. before I set this up, I wanted to know the communities opinions? There tends to be a strong opinion that the forums should remain uncontaminated with the facebook guys who create drama..

Thoughts? Opinions?

Michigan-SHO

F Facebook right in the A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 Shadow Black SHO non-PP. Bone stock...for now

ridered74

I would agree that one of the biggest draws (at least to me) of the forums is the lack of drama and trolling of facebook. I would think as long as the ban hammer was dropped quickly on anything that popped up here, it would not continue to be an issue.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

Macgyver

The thing thats nice about the forums is you dont get "THOSE" people that Join FB groups. They ask a simple question that gets asked weekly ( Hey what oil are you using? ) and they wait for hours for the answer that Google or the FB page search would get them the answer in seconds........

StealBlueSho

Right, but there is a lot of info on Facebook that never makes it here.

I'm gonna think on it...

I also need to figure out some issues with the forum software too...

tarmstrong

I vote no for facebook, for what it is worth.
2018 Maroon PP SHO
K&N Drop-in

Previous: 2015 Dark Side Metallic PP SHO
3 Bar, K&N, Tune

SM105K

I vote for it.  We could use the traffic, and it will allow others to gain info that have not idea about the archived knowledge here.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Chris_Flex

I'm for it

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

Macgyver

There is good and Bad for sure but I say do it and we will adapt.

Nova

I say go for it! Worse thing that could come from it is we have to deal with a few cry babies for a few weeks until they stop showing up.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Michigan-SHO

Alright. I have changed my mind. I just really enjoy the relative exclusivity of the forum vs. random dummies on FB. But it really does help the platform.

I vote for integration.

2016 Shadow Black SHO non-PP. Bone stock...for now